cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET or JAVA or Flash not sure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to create a new application which will have CRM BP Master data and D&B Data from R/3 and based on authorization different roles be able to edit some of the fields and workflows to confirm the new data .Once users edit the fields in the application the new data will be replicated back into BP Master Data in CRM.

We are not sure what technology to use to create our application either SAP or .NET or JAVA or FLASH.

Till now business are downloading the data from CRM to excel and make changes and upload it back to CRM.

They want similar excel features like mass update in our new application so please suggest what to use

.Net or Java or Flash or SAP.

which technology is easier to develop,maintain and create interface to SAP.

Thanks,

Kitcha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Web dynpro is easy to interact with SAP. However, Silverlight and flash can create a more cool user interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

I agree Webdynpro was my first choice too but the business wants to have Excel like features where they can do mass update,easy filtering options,multiple selection options.

Based upon the features can you please suggest if Flash or silverlight or Java or .Net would be useful.

Another important point to consider would be how hard it would be create a interface to connect with SAP if we use Flash or silverlight.

I have awarded points for your earlier reply.

Thanks,

Kitcha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kitcha,

Thanks for your points.

Web Dynpro has component ALV which have strong filter functionality. And what's more, there is office integration controls.

It's not difficult to integration Flex with ABAP backend for we have Flashisland. A technology to add Flex control in web dynpro application. For Silverlight, maybe you have to use web service , but I'm worry about the performance.

Regards,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

I believe wise men think alike, I did explore ALV option too.

If we use SAP I thought of using below flow.

Application process flow:

1. Use Web Dynpro to create UI.

2.Use Field Catelog Options to create editable fields in report.

3.Use BAPI to replicate the changes to BP Master Data.

Business wants something very much user friendly UI so I started exploring other options like JAVA , .NET.

Can you please provide your opinion if above process flow looks good .

Thanks for your input on Flex the UI really looks good.I will explore that too.

I have awarded more points.

thanks,

Kitcha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my experence, many customer use FlashIsland instead of silverlight ....

However, most application can be done with Web Dynpro own UI Elements.

The only problem is the performance is not good enough for Silver light + Web service.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this architectural discussion / decision making, following signal is of interest for future times:

Last week's [SAP Influencer Summit 09|http://blogs.zdnet.com/collaboration/?p=1141], has shown evidence of the Microsoft connection:

"* SAP have to be thinking over the horizon in planning out their offerings - one thing in great evidence this week was the Microsoft connection. [Silverlight |http://silverlight.net/]was formally named as the user interface surface of choice over Adobeu2019s Flex, and Sharepoint & Office interoperability is clearly seen as the path forward over that horizon. The dev environment is similarly on the .net side of the ocean.

* Excel and Crystal Reports (and SAPu2019s Xcelsius) are similarly foundational components to analytics reporting and dashboarding. Given the pace of fellow supertanker Microsoftu2019s roll out of their navigational plans and new tools to get there the glacial speed of enterprise roll outs and timeframes can be frustrating to a frentic analyst community (is it ready yet?) but probably wise when seen as an orchestrated fleet of giant partners setting out together without colliding.."

Earlier this year, at the Microsoft MIX'09, Scott Guthrie made an announcement on Silverlight and SAP / WebDynpro. The solution should help developers to build Silverlight Islands in an Web Dynpro application. According to [Juergen Daiberl|http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?viewQuestionAndAnswers=&gid=1901635&discussionID=4247540&sik=1260825247124&trk=ug_qa_q&goback=%2Eana_1901635_1260825247124_3_1], the solution will ship at the end of this year with an Enhancement Pack for NetWeaver. Nearing that, I've not read anymore on it yet.

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great News!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,WvStrien

Thanks for your inputs I have awarded points.

regards,

Krishna

Answers (0)