cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AQL Sampling and Defects Recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to the capture results of AQL sampling across various defect categories (critical, major, minor) upon receipt of material. I can get the sample procedure to calculate the proper sample size according to the sample scheme, but I am unable to get the characteristic to vary the accept/reject value according to the defect level (critical, major, minor).

Results recording would require to enter both the 1)defect total and the 2) category/code of each defect. Valuation would be against the accept/reject values for the category.

Ultimately, I'd like to capture results as follows and then pareto out the defect data (all defect categories and codes on the same pareto without having to pareto out critical,major, minor + codes separately ).

e.g.

n=100 syringes

critical ( a=0,r=1) defects found = 0

major (a=2,r=3) defects found = 2 (1 cracked syringe, 1 particle)

minor (a=5,r=6) defects found = 3 (1 scuffed syringe, 2 scratched syringes)

Do I need to setup a separate characteristic/MIC for each defect category (critical, major, minor)?

Do I need quality notifications turned on to capture results by category/code (I'd prefer not to use notifications at this time)?

Do I need to enter separate c1/d1, c2/d2, c3/d3 values in QDP to reflect critical, major, minor accept reject values or are these vales only used for dependent sampling within the same category (critical for example)?

What settings do I need in the material, mic, sample procedure, sample scheme to get this to work?

many thanks in advance!

Edited by: Mark Kappel on Dec 2, 2009 3:20 AM

Edited by: Mark Kappel on Dec 2, 2009 3:21 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

if you dont want the option of Notification then kindly remove the default notification type from inspection type config

SPRO> QM> Quality inspection > Inspection lot creation> maintain inspction type > inspection type - Notification type

Regards

gajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

Please find my inputs

1) Create defects using QS41 and categorise each defect into major, minor and critical

2) You need to create 3 mics for recording no of defects for major, minor and critical. For doing this follow the below setting

a) Use Qualitative Mics

b) in control indicator tick Record No of Defects, Sampling procedure mandatorily. Do not tick on Characteristic attribute. All other ticks as suited to you

c) Same way create 3 mics with short text as major, minor and critical defects

By doing this in Result recording screen you can actualy give the number of defects you have found major, minor and critical category

3) Create a sampling scheme. You need to enter only C1/D1 as C2/D2 are used only when using dependent sampling

4) While result recording after you enter the number of defects in each category do the defect recording to record the defect codes

5) notification gets triggered automaticaly when result recording is done and also closes automaticaly when UD for the inspection lot is given

Hope this gives some idea. please let me know your comments

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is great, thank you. Do I need to use notifications in order to create the defect recording? I'd prefer not to use them at this time. Unsure if SAP will allow to me capture defects without notifications.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What ever process suggested by Gajesh can also carried out without notification.Notification is toll which allows you to document the corrective & preventive actions.

It is not at all mandetory to use the same.

Regards

Sujit