Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing PO to Vendor, copy to buyer as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We want to send email to Vendor when a new PO is created

we also need to copy buyer in the email

Can this be achieved via standard SAP ??

please suggest a way out

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain the Buyer Email ID in SAP user Master.Put a logic in your program system should pick the buyer as per PO details and it should send the email as per email id maintained in user master

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ericsj
Contributor
0 Kudos

After you send out the email to vendor, the tcode SCOT will trasnmit it out from SAP to the email address.

In standard SAP SCOT configuration, it will send a notification to the creator of the PO o rth eperson that run ME9F to send out the email. For example this is what we got to the purchaser on our SAP system:

The purchaser will receive a email as below with PO pdf as well.

Delivery Status Notification

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Your message has been successfully relayed to the following recipients, but the requested delivery status notifications may not be generated by the destination.

supplier email abc@xxxxxxxx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply

Though i can see partner function BU at message type, it is not available at PO >Header>Partner tab to choose

how can be a buyer can be a partner role of vendor

Please clarify

Thanks

tn_naveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the Partner profile for purchasing documents in config:

MM->Purchasing->Partner Determination->partner setting in Purchasing Documents

Include the Partner BU in the partner Schema you are using.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member595086
Discoverer

Hi,

This thread is exactly what I am trying to do for a large company with SAP deployed globally (R/3 u2013 4.7), but I canu2019t quite get it to work.

I figure with a partner type such as BU for buyer, there should be some way to grab the purchasing group configuration data, such as the email address (OME4 or table V_024), for the email output (#5 u2013 External Send). But I was not able to do so.

I did add BU to the partner schema and I assigned the partner schema to the document type. But, then when I create message output in the PO either directly or through output condition records (MN04), I canu2019t seem to get the partner right in the PO and link it back to V_024 to get the buyeru2019s email address.

The BU partner role out-of-the-box is linked to AP (Contact Person). I would think that this would be where it needs to be linked to the purchasing group config, but when I look at the other options, I donu2019t see it. Further, I need to make sure that the new partner doesnu2019t become our vendor on the PO. I tried linking BU to LI (vendor) and linked to our employee vendor records that we use to pay expense reports (different account group from regular vendors, but nonetheless managed with vendor master data). This actually allowed us to pick up the buyeru2019s email address, but not by virtue of V_024, but rather from their employee vendor record. I even got it to output via SOST. But, with standard SAP, this alternate partner (the employee vendor record in my case) is used on the purchase order form. So, the buyer ended up being the vendor on the PO form. I donu2019t want to customize the form to deviate from standard SAP to fix this.

So, can you tell me what partner type (AP, LI, other) BU should be linked to? And, how I can use BU to grab the email from V_024? And do all this without treating the buyer as a partner that would end up replacing the vendor on the PO form in standard SAP? Does this make any sense?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Matthew,

Did you ever manage to get the PO emailed to buyer? I'm having the same challenges. I'm trying Naveen's approach, but with VU instead of BU partner function.

Thanks, Vlad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please elaborate the steps

Thanks for the reply

tn_naveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first assumption is that you have included the Buyer as a Partner function that is on the PO header.

Note that the proposed solution does not add the Buyer in CC but creates a separate email to the Buyer Partner.

Let us say you are using output condition NEU to send the PO output via email to the Vendor, you will have a output condition record for output type NEU with Partner as VN representing the Vendor and the transmission medium as 5 - email.

What I have proposed is - copy NEU to create a new output ZNEU that functions exactly as NEU except that the output condition record for this output type will have BU as the partner function and the transmission medium as 5.

Include this new condition type in the output determination procedure that you have set up for the Purchase Order.

config path for above config: Materials Mgmnt ->Purchasing->Messages->Output Control

Regards,

Naveen

tn_naveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is possible using standard.

You need to have two condition types - Condition type 1 with a condition record for the Vendor partner function and Condition type 2 with a condition record for the Buyer Partner function with the appropriate transmission medium in each of the condition records.

Cheers,

Naveen