cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS - adopt license but ECC order change reverse license

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have GTS legal control blocking sales order when a material requires a license. This is what I want. when I manually adopt a license it is release correct, this is also OK. However if in ECC someone changes the sales order, or resheduling runs and saves the sales order the order is blocked again. I would like to not allow the order for this material that was manually assigned to block again. How can this be contolled.

I have try different assignment type during the manual assign license but this doesn't change the final outcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this is a bug or as designed, but have seen this at a number of clients. It occurs regardless of how you set the change indicator (e.g. "system cannot override"). Because a manual license assignment bypasses all GTS controls, I could see SAP thinking that any change to the underlying transaction should require whoever made the original manual assignment to "redetermine" whether his assignment remains valid.

My solution is to design the system so manual assignment of licenses is not needed, which you can do for almost all scenarios (the exception being if you want to perform a one-time override of the ECCN/Grouping at a transaction level). Manual assignment isn't much better than using whiteout on your commercial invoice, so you really should avoid it at all costs. GTS costs a lot of money, so you might as well let it do its job.

If you do think it is a bug and want to keep using it, I would suggest you raise a customer message.