Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc: MATMAS: field LVORM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i flag a material for deletion field LVORM = 'X' appears in the IDOC layout. As soon as i undelete/unflag the material, the field disappear.

How can i ensure that this field is always displayed.

Message was edited by: Giovanni Baumann

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Place a backslash '\' in the empty fields, this stands for "no data".

regards

Wouter

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The way the IDOC works is that field will come into the IDOc only if the data is in that field. So, if you are not deleting the material, that field will not be a part of the IDOC. Else you will have find a user exit, to pass a SPACE to this field, which I think is not the right way of doing.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

If you are looking at the IDoc using any of the display idoc transactions, you will not see the empty fields as Ravi mentioned. But at the database level, EDIDD-SDATA will still be holding the empty space for your field. So if you read the same IDOC in a program, you will get LVORM with a blank. So don't worry.

0 Kudos

Srinivas

My problem is with an interface layout of a NON-SAP system.

0 Kudos

Well, If you are sending data to the legacy system, and if the field does not exist, then you will have to assume that the material is not deleted.

I don't think we have a work around here. Is your logic in the legacy system dependent on the existence of this field in the IDOC?

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

0 Kudos

As I mentioned, when you read an IDoc using a program(ABAP or non-SAP program), you will have the data for the entire segment. So if you are looking for the segment data of say E1MARC1 of Idoc type MATMAS04, you will have the data as fixed length character data of 246, even if some field of that segment has no data(say NFMAT_VERSION is missing, then you will have 10 spaces in its position on this string).

The only issue is when you have all the fields of a segment missing, then the segment itself will not be created. But if some fields of a segment are blank, then the value(=space) will be there.

The idoc display transaction will eliminate the display of fields that have initial values.

How are you reading the IDoc from your non-SAP application?

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Srinivas

I'm sending the idoc using RBDSEMAT or RBDMIDOC to generate IDOCS.

The non-SAP system will pick up the file.

0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni. Have you solve this problem? I´ve been have the same problem, the fields like LVORM when is empty don't go to the IDOC. Tanks in advanced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There will be some user exit for the IDOC where you can add your own logic like populating the value LVORM in both cases.

So even if in the standard its working to delete the value in the field your code will overwrite that and it will populate.

Try locating a suitable user exit.

Regards,

Subhashini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Place a backslash '\' in the empty fields, this stands for "no data".

regards

Wouter