Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No such attribute Waers

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Due to some RFC structure changes, I had to import a model from fresh and delete the one I was using.

After successfully building it, it is giving me this illegalArgumentException error when I am trying to deploy the application.

I am pasting the initial part of the error here, please let me know if anybody can help finding the root cause of the problem. The field Waers is a currency field which is being referenced by multiple structure fields in my context. It is not being referenced by name in my code.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No such attribute Waers

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.AttributePointer.<init>(AttributePointer.java:44)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.data.DataContainer.doFormat(DataContainer.java:1358)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.data.DataContainer.getAndFormat(DataContainer.java:1066)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.data.DataContainer.getAndFormat(DataContainer.java:1038)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.impl.AbstractInputField.getValue(AbstractInputField.java:1140)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.impl.AbstractInputField.getValue(AbstractInputField.java:1192)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.uielib.standard.uradapter.InputFieldAdapter.getValue(InputFieldAdapter.java:608)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.renderer.uielements.ie6.InputFieldRenderer.render(InputFieldRenderer.java:50)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.renderer.uielements.base.AbstractRenderManager.render(AbstractRenderManager.java:294)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.renderer.uielements.base.AbstractRenderManager.render(AbstractRenderManager.java:102)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.renderer.uielements.ie6.FlowLayoutRenderer.renderFlowLayoutItemFragment(FlowLayoutRenderer.java:252)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.renderer.uielements.ie6.FlowLayoutRenderer.renderFlowLayoutFragment(FlowLayoutRenderer.java:193)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.renderer.uielements.ie6.FlowLayoutRenderer.render(FlowLayoutRenderer.java:41)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.renderer.uielements.base.AbstractRenderManager.render(AbstractRenderManager.java:294)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

seems like one of your InputField`s property value is bound to Waers which doesnt exist. Check UI element attribute binding.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

Thanks for the reply. But this structure type Waers is not referenced by any of the input fields in the view. I checked the binding of all the property values of the input fields.

Could there be any other reason?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to rebuild the project, check if there remain errors, deploy and run. What happens?

The stacktrace indicates that in the generated code there still exists an input field bound to that attribute.

Armin

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Armin and Maksim,

Thanks for the replies. I have solved the error, which was caused due to a currency field in the screen. It was looking for a corresponding Waers-Currency key field. This happens for only the currency fields which are bound to a particular dictionary data element(bprei). When I changed it to reference another currency field, the error went off.

Thanks for your help anyway...

Answers (0)