cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fix the output length of a field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I want to 'allocate' the full length of the field while smartform printing even if it is initial.

How can I do this? I tried the &field(*)& &field(F<' '>)& output format, but nothing.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be better achieved by using a template without using any conditions.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have only one text element, and in that I have two variables separated only with one space. In the printed form the starting place of the second variable depends on the length of value in the first variable.

like this:

The first variable has the dictionay type 'VBELN', despite this fact, the &FIELD(*)& does not work.

The template doesn't work here too. because I have only one text element.

Or can I print two text element in one row? It could be a solution probably.

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerg,

Try this option as well if it works:

&field(<length>)& - Sets the output length to <length>.

Try to provide length of the vbeln field in <length>.

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the &field(<5>)& output format, but I got an error message during the process of this field format. SSFCOMPOSER 602 message: field Wrong format opction: (<5>).

I debug the format processing and after the number 5 a character '>' is unexpected according to the standard code.

The output format processing code is in the LSTXBRF02 include under SYMBOL_GET_OPTIONS form.

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerg,

Use in this way &field(5)&

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna Munukoti!

Thanks very well. I tried it also yesterday without any success, but now it is working.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you have enough space to display all the content. ( * ) should work to display whole value as per data dictionary, make sure the declaration is done right.

[Output Options for Field Contents|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1c/f40c6fddf311d3b574006094192fe3/content.htm]