cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suppress field if null

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some fields that I need to suppress if null or empty, at this time I have been unable to determine how to get that work. Please note that I will also like the Text header associated with that field to be suppress if the data field is null. Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to Remove the field from the report if it is empty, null or blank?

If there is no data in the field I do not want it to be consuming the report available space.

For example a "Remove line if blank" feature?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For specific fields this would be tricky...I will have to investigate the other post...it sounds interesting. If you wanted to omit the entire row if a field is empty that would be doable. I feel a little dumb, I've always just used highlight expert and changed the color to match the background if it's null

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will not be able to remove the fields if null. The empty space will remain if using the suppression formulae. However, if you want to "remove" the fields then I suggest you insert another details section and insert the fields (only those that will be suppressed if null) and then use the suppression formula for the entire details section. This way, if the fields are null the second details section is suppressed otherwise if the fields are not null then the data is displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

it is possible. above posts will definitely help you. aded to that, for any object you place you can forma it conditionally using the formuael.

You can suppress it, but if you are thinking that how can i fill the gap,then use two section one with that field and toher with out. you can handle the sections conditionally.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for the suggestions. It just happened that I figured out the Section Suppression feature yesterday afternoon. Yes - that worked to address my situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can conditionally suppress the fields as mentioned by Sanjay however after suppression you will still see the space and that space you can not remove.

You can also the suppress the section conditionally. For e.g. You have created report based on Sample database.

1) Right Click Details section.

2) In the section expert click on Details section.

3) Check the option "Suppress" click on x-2 button in front of Suppress.

4) Type in "{Customer.Customer ID} = 1".

This will suppress the section where customer ID 1 is present.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Asha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

0. Click on the field and then hold down the CTRL key and click on the field heading (such that both are selected)

1. RIGHT click on the selected field (and heading)

2. click on Format Objects

3. In the pop up window click on the Common tab

4. Click on the x+2 button across from 'Suppress'

5. In the formula workshop window type: isnull({field.name})

6. Save and close.

{field.name} is the database field name.

Edited by: Sanjay Kodidine on Dec 1, 2009 7:51 AM