cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4 is running and port is missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. I have a problem, that's why i began this theme.

I'll describe my situation. My WAS starts and I can not find errors in logs. Then I try connect via Visual Administrator to Engine. I use direct connection and 50004 port, which was determined in configtool. Connection can not be opened and the next information in VA logs:

BaseLoginException: Cannot create new RemoteLoginContext.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.RemoteLoginContext.<init>(RemoteLoginContext.java:71)

at com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask.connectAction(LoginTask.java:98)

at com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask.run(LoginTask.java:81)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:571)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: <host ip> and port: 50004.

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getException(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:697)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:257)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.resolveInitialReference(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.resolveInitialReference(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:113)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.resolveInitialReference(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:109)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.RemoteLoginContext.<init>(RemoteLoginContext.java:60)

I scaned host and i saw: socket for service p4 is not opened. I mean, port 50004 was not found. All required ports are opened, and this one is closed. I used telnet monitor, to determine running services and opened ports.

I changed this port to free value(12345) in configtool, restarted host and SAP and required port(12345) was not opened.

Please, reply all, who knows something in this issue.

Thank you!

Edited by: kingden2009 on Dec 1, 2009 2:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to open Config Tool ( D:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\configtool) and change the value of "cluster-data -> Global server configuration -> services -> p4 -> p4Lite" from false to true.

After that, restart the cluster and you should can connect through Visual Administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked all logs. Logs have no errors. P4 started.

And i checked all settings in configtool, everything is ok.

BUT PORT (50004) IS CLOSED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The p4 port is open by the java dispatcher.

The p4 service is a core service and if it fails to open the p4 port the java dispatcher doesnu2019t start.

This means that the p4 port was working when the java dispatcher started and it was closed latter.

You could see all open ports of the java dispatcher through the Telnet Administrator.

To start it execute: telnet hostname 50008 and login as Administrator.

You could use the commands u201Cmanu201D and u201Caddu201D to get more information and to add additional commands.

To list all ports execute u2013 lsp

Restart the java dispatcher to fix the problem and concentrate on the defaulTrace file of the dispatcher and the dev_dispatcher and std_dispatcher.out to find the root cause.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, please, believe me, i checked this port via configtool before. I began this thread, because I don't know for what reason this port is unopened. Port value is 50004.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the std_server0.out file if there are any issues with starting P4 service.

Also check the P4 node in configtool under Cluster Data->Instance->Services->p4

Cheers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cluster Data->Instance_<No.>->Dispatcher_ID<No.>->

P4->Local Properties

In the port you have to mention 5<instance no.>04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please ignore the above message, I just missed that you are not able to login to VA. You can also check thru Configtool.

Thanks & Regards,

Denish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please check in Visual Admin -> P4 Provider service, what port is specified for P4.

Thanks & Regards,

Denish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course I reverted port value to required value 50004.

And I tried connect to this port via telnet. Result: Could not open connection to the host.

For example, I can connect to 50005 port, and I can not do the same to 50004 with telnet.

I used remote connection to server, entered command "netstat -an | grep 50004", and this port was not found.

Telnet monitor shows, p4 is running, all ports are opened except 50004.

I'm going crazy. How can this be.

Thank you.

Edited by: kingden2009 on Dec 3, 2009 9:57 AM

Edited by: kingden2009 on Dec 3, 2009 9:58 AM

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Try to use a full qualified host name (test.sap.com) instead of an ip-address.

best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Server is on AIX.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to do a telnet on 50004 ?

Try to login again to VA and check the log in /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/admin/log/system

Please post the same.

Did you revert the changes done i.e port 12345 ? If not please revert.

Do these also.

1. Stop SAP and then do a telnet on port 50004

2. Start SAP and then do a telnet.

Revert with results.

Cheeers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Denish, thank you for reply, but this note didn't help me. I've allready seen it. And <instanceno>=00.

I have a problem, and i don't know solution. I saw many threads, but there were no problems like mine.

I mean service p4 and its unopened port.

Thank you.

Edited by: kingden2009 on Dec 2, 2009 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you server in on Windows, please check the below note

Note 1399935 - Reservation of TCP/UDP ports in Windows

Cheers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please let me know your instance no. P4 port should be 5<instanceno>04.

If in case you are using the correct P4 port, then kindly check SAP Note 957355. This SAP Note should help you in solving issues with BaseLoginException.

Please let me know if the problem still exists.

Thanks & Regards,

Denish