Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between maintaining parameter values in the TPFYPROPTY and RZ10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Can anybody tell me the difference between maintianing the parameter values using the table TPFYPROPTY and via RZ10?

Regards

Hari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The difference same as "creating user id through SU01 " v/s "Putting all the User specific details in USR, UST tables". If this is not clear, please let me know.

Regards,

Dipanjan

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we change parameter values in table TPFYPROPTY, itu2019s possible to transport this table. In RZ10 not possible to transport the parameter values.

Thanks,

Biksham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintaining TPFYPROPTY table directly is not supported and does not update the profile files on the file system.

If you restart your system, your parameter changes will not be used.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

As per my knowledge table TPFYPROPTY can be used to know the values of selected parameters evn via RZ10 , you can see the values and change it as requuirement and you can activate it simultanously as that very time .

regards

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

RZ10 is used to change the profile parameters.

Rz10 is the transaction where you can maintain your profile parameters. Here you can check the version of the profile namely the default, start, and the instance.

You can change the parameter setings and then save and copy to get them activated by restarting the system

TPFYPROPTY is a table where you can find complete list of Oject name, parameter name, Group and many more things

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The difference same as "creating user id through SU01 " v/s "Putting all the User specific details in USR, UST tables". If this is not clear, please let me know.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

okay, if it is in the case, then why does sytsem is not synchronizing the changed values when we are comiting changes either in RZ10 or in TPFYPROPTY.

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

not sure that I got your problem correctly.

Table TPFYPROPTY just contains the parameter attributes.

There is a actually a little bit mor to it.

SAP® system parameters are controlled via profiles.

These profiles are stored in text files on the operating system level.

To identify where the actual file is stored, the transaction AL11 can be utilized.

The name of the parameter that controls the file location is DIR_PROFILE.

Transaction RZ11 allows to perform individual parameter changes dynamically.

Transaction RZ10 allows the profile maintenance.

Other parameter information that are available in tables are:

Table TPFHT - version of individual profiles

This table contains all information of the profiles (Default-, Instance-

and Start profile) including last modifier with date, and timestamp.

Table TPFET - parameter values of individual profile parameters

The versions of all profile parameters with all corresponding values

are stored here.

Hope that helps.