cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "Accounting View" mandatory for the PR material transferred to SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

If I want to transfer PRs from ECC to SRM for sourcing, is "Accounting View" mandatory in ECC for the materials in the PRs that transferred to SRM? (we have some materials that are non-valuable in ECC system, the PRs are also required to SRM for sourcing. ) Kindly please advise.

Thanks and best regards

Jack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thank you all for your advice.

But now I'm a little confused. For the non-valuated material in ECC, commonly we do not maintain Accounting View, my question is:

(1) can it be successful to transfer PR from ECC to SRM as SC without maintaining accounting view in ECC?

(2) which customizing/enhancement need to be made at the time of PO creation for non-valuated material , if required?

Kindly please advise.

Best regards

Jack

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

in the backend system you can check what kind of non-valuated PR is allowed.

It's possible to create a PR without account assignment, so this should be also possible via BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE (which is called by the SRM system).

In the PO you will need either to enter accounting inrimation or take the material into stock, otherwise the PO can't be created.

Regards,

Peter

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Test:-

empty all accounting view for one material

create a PR for that material

what error comes?

br

muthu

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

account assignment is a must in SRM except you order the item as a direct material.

In your case I would suggest to provide a dummy accounting object (which can be given by the attributes in the PPOMA or by BAdI), which you can modify or even delete during the BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot.

Which attribute in PPOMA_BBP can be used to maintain dummy accounting object?

Best regards

Jack

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

you need to maintain one of these attributes:

AS, CC, NET, OR, SO or WBS

with a dummy entry in order the accounting gets defaulted in the SC.

In the BAdI I mentioned before, you can modify later on this entry, before the PR is created in the backend.

Regards,

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

In addition to Peter's reply, in case the configuration settings are maintained for Account assignment in SRM system then system will pick up Account assignment details based on Product Category (Material Group).

SPRO -

> IMG -

> SRM Server -

> Cross Application Basic Settings -

> Account Assignment -

> Define G/L Account for Product category and Account Assignment category.

System checks for Account assignment details in case the Accounting view is not maintained for materials (Non Valuated materials). It is required at the time of P.O creation.

There should not be any issue in transferring the PR from ECC to SRM system using PDP scenario.

Please let us know in case of any further clarifications.

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Thanks a million.

Is it correct as my understanding as below?

1) Accounting View is not mandatory to maintain in ECC for non-valuated materials.

2) Accounting assignment must be done at the time of PO creatiom by BADI or by the customizing you mentioned above.

3) The dummy account assignment maintained in PPOMA_BBP can be used for SC creation, actual account assignment can be

done via BADI or the customizing you mentioned above (Define G/L Account for Product category and Account Assignment

category)

Best regards

Jack

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

to create a successful shopping card for a Purcase request whic dont have accounting data , you need an enhanceemnt.

thread from sdn from jastin farley.

I think the official SAP response is direct procurement is not supported in classic for any business scneario.

We give SRM what it wants:

Create Dummy account assignment

Create dummy cost center

You could actually use any cost object, but we made a copy of K as it best fit our needs.

Basically during transfer we insert cost object, then when creating the PO from SRM we strip the cost object back out. I'm sure this can be done without creating dummy account assignments, as you know fico will push back on this request, but the dummy account assignment is useful as its unique to this process and can be used as a trigger.

You need 3 badis to accomplish this.

BBP_BADI_EXTREQ_OUT

BBP_ACCCAT_MAP_IMP

BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW

Its a little more tricky than appears on the surface, but I have done this exact development at 2 different customers and has been running at one customer for 2 years with no issues, and the other just a few months with no issues.