Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table creation in adobe form

former_member182485
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I drag and drop table from data view to page body it is coming like flat structure

I need make table in the form.

Is there some setting to do which I am missing, Please suggest.

Thanks

Bikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is very fast but not really comfortable for the future changes. I can recommend you to delete this dragged/dropped and create everything yourself using the form library components.

You need to create a row of the future table: get like 3 text field, mark them all three, right click, wrap in subform and name the subform sub_row for example. To make it look like a row set subform - content: flowed = western text (from left to right).

Next mark sub_row, right click, wrap in subform and name the new one as sub_table.

Set someyourpath.YOURTABLE binding to the table subform, DATA[*] to the row subform and FIELD1 to the form field1. If you´re not sure about this use the help (right arrow on binding tab) to let you pick the binding from the list.

Hope this helps, Otto

former_member182485
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Can you please give the steps in more details, as I am new to adobe form could not get your points properly.

Thanks

Bikas

OttoGold
Active Contributor

Hello Bikas,

first of all - I don´t mind provide more details but most of this is very essential and covered in most tutorials which can you easily find all over the internet/ google/ sdn. I will describe it in detail, for this time, but you should start reading a bit...:))

1) place a text field on the form layout (from library)

2) click right mouse on it, choose wrap in subform, you´ll notice in the hierarchy tab in designer "untitled subform" appears as a parent of the text field. Note forms are xml based and the form elements hierarchy is very important.

3) subforms are used to group field together to help you format the layout of the form and to group fields (a group of fields is used as a table row in the following)

4) name the subform as a "row"

5) click on your new subform, go to Object - Subform tab, set content to Flowed here and Flow direction to Western text. This means the subform will rearrange its child elements from left to right with no spaces between.

6) if nothing happens, click on "row" subform (in herarchy tab for example) and go to Layout tab, next to Object tab and set auto-fit on true. If nothing happens with the layout in point 5, now it should happen.

7) click right mouse on "row" and select again wrap in subform

😎 name this new subform as "table"

9) Object - Subform tab of "table" subform, set content flowed, direction top to bottom

10) now you´re ready to do the binding, check the tutorials how to do that or I would die at the keyboard:))

Otto

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

You need to be sure that you have created Table Type for this structure of internal table.

Just go to SE11, check the DATA TYPE and create TABLE TYPE.
The next screen you need to entered Short Text for your table types and on the Line Type tab you need to entered your structure on Line Type.
Check the link https://www.saptutorial.org/create-table-types/

Now go to SFP transaction, the type of your table in Adobe Form is your just created TABLE Type.
Just drag and drop table and you will got the table, not flat structure.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it will only show one row while you drag drop.

just bind the inetrnal tables to the fields of table in design view.

and mark the option flow for the table

former_member182485
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain the binding in steps.

Thanks

Bikas

NAeda
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Bikas,

Drag and Drop the Internal Table(Not Data), save and activate it,

then you will get the Data in Table.

If you want to remove the boxes or want create the box-- then click on the Internal table-Data-double click on the field, then right click on the disign view(on the particular cell) - go to pallet-click on Border then you can see the border make the necessary changes.

Rgds

Aeda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Drag the table not the 'DATA' on to the design view .Then it will display as one row with headings and another row as empty row.

Thanks,

Suma.