cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use System Login to open the portal page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement where in,when i login into system user id and password.. then we should be able to open the portal page without having separate Logon Page for Portals.System Login user id are based on the names of the employee and depending on the userid.. I should be able to display the role based page for that particular user..

Please help me in solving this and if possible in detail as i dont know much abt portals... Its a bit urgent..

Eagerly waiting for ur valuable suggestions.

Thanks in Advance,

Shreya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to do SSO between windows and portal for this. Check out this for more details on SSO.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/89/6eb8deaf2f11d5993700508b6b8b11/content.htm

Also check these.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

Yes i have to do the SSP btw Windows and Portal.

I went through the links but still i am not getting it..

will u pls explain in detail..

Thank you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

Check this blog for details.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

If I am correct, what you want is to log into portal with out typing in the user id password. ie SSO

For this you can use NTLM, Kerberos etc, where you can configure the User management linking it with the Corporate LDAP or MS Active directory etc. which ever the company uses.

Once this is done you can assign roles to different users by which they can see what they are authorised to see.

you can check this link for more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a2/cd49ecafb7424b8ff3cc1995a760bc/frameset.htm

cheers

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for ur response.

You have got my point correctly.. but still i am not able to exactly how to achieve.. where do u find this LSAP or MS Active Director. and how to do it..

Pls be specific..

Thank YOu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, or LDAP ("ell-dap"), is a networking protocol for querying and modifying directory services running over TCP/IP. A directory service is a software application — or a set of applications — that stores and organizes information about a computer network's users and network shares, and that allows network administrators to manage users' access to the shares.

MS Active Directory is an implementation of LDAP directory services by Microsoft for use in Windows environments.

NTLM (NT LAN Manager), is a computer networking security protocol which operates in a variety of Microsoft Windows network protocols for authentication purposes.

Like certain other protocols, NTLM sits on top of HTTP. Web-browsing software uses it as a single sign-on mechanism, so browsing users can transparently log-on to web services using their Microsoft Windows credentials.

Check what your company is using and you can specify this(Server details) in the UMConfiguration settings in your portal, by which you can achieve SSO.

this link will tell yo how to configue SSO for your portal

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/0e2ab4c7330d19e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

cheers

Kiran

PS: Please award points for useful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

company uses LDAP, MS Active Directory.

How to specify the server details in the UMConfig.. and where it is found..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just now see the same topic a new thread in different community, in which i was solving the problem. So posted here.

Read it completely it contain all the info, go through the links provided.

--Deepak