cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro Program runing in the NWBC 1.0 is a XML format or HTML format?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Runtime Environment: ECC 6.0 SR3

NWBC: 1. 0

NW 7.0 SP13.

Why do I get a result html format, rather than the XML format?

If I want to get XML format, it should be how to do, patch it possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS,You say right, my question is: the smart client rendering for Web Dynpro

NW 7.01 SR3 which contains a 'CL_WDR_CLIENT_SMART' and 'CL_WDR_CLIENT_SMART_NEW' can NWBC 3.0 running?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> THANKS,You say right, my question is: the smart client rendering for Web Dynpro

> NW 7.01 SR3 which contains a 'CL_WDR_CLIENT_SMART' and 'CL_WDR_CLIENT_SMART_NEW' can NWBC 3.0 running?

No. Although we shipped the Smart Client classes in 7.0 and 7.01, they aren't finished. Fairly significant further development was done to them in 7.02. It may not matter anyway since it now appears as we won't ship the client slide portion of the smartclient rendering in NWBC 3.0 afterall.

jeroen_verbrugge2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Will the smartclient rendering ever be shipped?

In a new NWBC version or via SP for NWBC 3.0?

Will it ever be shipped as part of SAPGui?

What about the next version of SAPGui, I did not read anything about SAPGui 7.20 or so.

Jeroen.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> Will the smartclient rendering ever be shipped?

I really don't know. Development work continues on it, but with a lower priority than some other features. I'm personally still hopeful that we will see it a some point in the future, but that will require customers demanding it to get the development resources needed to complete it.

> In a new NWBC version or via SP for NWBC 3.0?

Likely it wouldn't come before the next version of NWBC - although the SmartClient is technically within NWBC 3.0 (just disabled).

> Will it ever be shipped as part of SAPGui?

The SmartClient or NWBC? The SmartClient will always be part of NWBC and there haven't been plans to utilize in any other way. If we would ship it in the future it would still require a surrounding NWBC or Portal. SAPGUI integration (with or without the SmartClient) is not supported for Web Dynpro. Now the NWBC installation has a very close relationship with the SAPGUI already. We recommend deploying them together. It is already possible in SAPGUI 7.10 to merge the two installations together into one customer SAPGUI installaer package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

My system is IDES, I have already activated SICF, sap / erp / nwbc node, but still not work. I find the class: CL_WDR_CLIENT_SMART, method: IF_WDR_RESPONSE_RENDERER ~ RENDER_USER_INTERFACE_UPDATES inside the program code is all the comments, But the WEBDEYNPRO program runs in the NWBC, but is based on HTML format.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You mean the smart client rendering for Web Dynpro. That wasn't what I got from your original question. I thought you meant you were getting an HTML response instead of the XML Role information when logging on.

The HTML rendering of Web Dynpro in NWBC 1.0 and NetWeaver 7.0 is perfectly normal. There is no smartClient rendering support in NWBC 1.0. We might not even ship the smartClient in NWBC 3.0. Even if we do ship it in NWBC 3.0, the minimal requirement will be a Web Dynpro ABAP 7.02 based backend.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The HTML formatted page is probably an error message. It could be that the SICF node that you are pointing the NWBC to is inactive. Make sure the node is active and perhaps try testing it from a web browser to see what message is returned.