cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering WFL_SECUR_BADI implementation explicitly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

We've implemented support for approval of external requisitions, using the BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER program and a few tricks. This is all working fine, with the exception of change handling of these external operations. If the document has been transformed into a cart awaiting approval, the workflow will not update approvers if this is required based on new conditions. Therefore, I need to explicitly trigger the BAdI, or otherwise update the flow in order to mimic the process of internal carts.

How do I get the cart up to date?

Many thanks!

Sincerely,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the parameter SCENARIO in the BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI. If it is not valid one, you can check Process_Type = EXTR in the document. Normal SC is Process_Type = SHC.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa, thanks for your reply.

I notice I've written the wrong BAdI name in the subject. I meant triggering the approval BAdI, in order to update approvers when changing the external requisition. Sorry about that.

My problem is that when the external operations are altered, the corresponding shopping cart is not refreshed. Thus;

Original cart:

Value 1000 -> Approvers A & B

Altered cart:

Value 5000 -> Approver B.

This does not happen, since the approval BAdI is not called for updates in external requisitions, meaning that both approvers A and B can still see the workitem and process it. When one of these process it, the BAdI is called, and the cart sent to the correct users. Therefore, the approval chain is unbroken, but one unnecessary user action is necessary, and probably unacceptable.

Furthermore, I've tried using the WFL_SECUR_BADI to set security levels, but to no avail since it is not trigged on incoming requisitions. I've also tried to set the level explicitly in SU01 for the RFC user.

In my opinion, the preferred way of handling this is to somehow triggering an event making the corresponding flow instance self update using our implementation of the WFL_APPROVE_BADI.

Is there a way of achieving this?

Sincerely,

Christian