Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

way to save adobe interactive form onto any common location in the server

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a couple of requirements to implement and wanted to have a clear idea on how these can be implemented and time it will take.

The requirements are: I will be developing an application using NWDS which will have interactive form in it and once this form is filled online and clicked on the submit button the form should get stored in a common location in server so that it can be retreved and editted later on.

And during the click of submit button the whole form also should get posted to HELPDESK at the same time via mail.

Now is there by any chance i can send the whole form to a particular mail id ? and can i save the form in a common destination for future access ?

Thanks a ton in advance,

Vipin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would implement both things like this:

I would have an interactive form to be used by the user to add/change the data. And for the email and archiving purposes I would generate a brand new form (probably as a "print" form only - non interactive etc.) which I would send/ archive. I don´t think you can do this easily with only the single interactive NWDS form.

Have a nice day, Otto

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Otto for your input!

With respect to the input i have got from you and from few others, i have asked my client to change the requirement. Now the whole requirement has been changed a bit i.e., an intial form will get displayed which will have to be filled by the user and once user clicks on submit button of the form .... now rather than sending the whole form to a mail id say (xyz) and getting saved in a designated location, form only will get mailed to the mail id (xyz).

Now is there any reference doc or any input from anyone who might have worked earlier on the same requirement. If so and if you have any inputs kindly share.

Thanks In advance,

Regards,

Vipin.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you solve your problem? Which way did you choose? I would like to know other peoples feelings about this:)) Otto

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here my main aim was to attach the filled in interactive form as an attachment and send it to helpdesk.

Solution: We all know that every interactive form we create needs a pdfsource which we bind by creating a context variable of type binary and bind the same with the pdfsource property of interactive form. Here this pdfsource acts as a link to access the interactive form, we can say it as a datasource of interactive form.

Secondly, i developed an application using Java lang API' s which uses SMTP client to trigger mails to helpdesk with the filled in interactive form as an attachment.

Now i am calling this particular functionality on the click of submit button by the user after filling up the whole form. which will pick the filled in form and send it to helpdesk as required.

With Regards,

Vipin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

I have the same requirement of sending mail after Submit has been pressed.

I am retriving form data from the attribute "pdfSource" and sending mail.

But this form data is not updated one , the data entered by user is not available just the the defaulted values on the form come.

I just wanted to know if you faced a similar problem, or any solution you can think of for this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Omkar Mirvankar.

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

First of all, i didn' t face the kind of issue which you are facing right now during my development!

Looking at the problem you're having, i would suggest to please make sure that the datasource of interactive form is set to the same context node into which you are setting the default values and at the same time into the same one in which you are saving the data before sending it back to backend BAPI/ RFC if considered.

With Regards,

Vipin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Yes, the data is being sent to the same context node. I am even validating the data in the context before sending the mail in the backend( WD application).

But the pdfSource I am using to form a attachment for the mail is not having user entered values.

Thanks & Regards,

Omkar Mirvankar.

jlsim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

Have you solved this problem? I am having the same problem as you, the pdfsource doesn't get updated.

There is a snote 1120324, which stated similar problem, but it only applies to basis component release 700 and 710. But I am running 701.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No, the problem was not solved.

Just check if this link helps ,

THanks & Regards,

Omkar Mirvankar.

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Closing.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

here you have the same option as before, get the data and generate a new form. Or you can just add Email Submit Button. I can recommend you to open a stand alone LCD, try how the button works and then implement it in your SAP form app.

Regards, Otto