cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill drop-down with BAPI tables parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to fill a drop-down with tables parameter from a BAPI?

I am calling a custom BAPI service and receiving various tables in output port.I want to display One of the tables parameter as drop-down.

How to achieve that?

Regards,

Karthik.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi

Follow the steps

1. Create a Model Node and do Model Binding with the Input structure of the Bapi. Also create a node and an attribute within and bind it to a UI element DropDownByIndex on the View's layout.

2. Create an instance of BAPI input structure and all the structures within the input structure which contain the input parameters.

3. Set the Input parameters to the input structure or structures within the input structure (if any).

4. Add the all sub-structures used within input structure to the parent structure (if any).

5. Bind the instance of Input structure to the Model Node.

6. Execute the Model Node.

7. Invalidate the Output Node within the Model Node.

8. Get all values from the nodes within model nodes as part of output structure by using for loop up to the node size and accessing each element by incremental index.

9. Create an element of the drop down node and set the retrieved value from your node within output node what you got in the previous step. Now add this element to the Drop Down node

Regards,

Tushar Sinha

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer given answered thereads.

[DropDownby key by taking value from R3 table |;

[Populating and Selecting DropDownByIndex/DrowpDownByKey |;

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Basheer,

My requirement is different.I called a service based on some input from user and it is returning some parameters(Exporting & Tables parameter).

How to receive this tables parameter and display in drop-down?I cant use entry list or static values.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik