Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input fields are not storing any history values

former_member221838
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using SAP GUI for windows release 710. But in the development environment input fields are not displaying history values whenever I press space button (or enter characters which contain substring of previous values) . e.g. Go to SE11, enter table name and press F7 (AUFK, AFIH, BUT000, BUT001), and if we repeat this process for different tables. Now if I go to SE11 again and enter BU in table name field then SAP should show me history values in drop down box (in this example it will show me BUT000, BUT001). But in my case they are not getting displayed.

This is the case with every other transaction where we just hit space and it should show history values in drop down box.

I tried to change setting in Customizing Local Layout i.e. ALT+F12 >> Options >> Local Data. But it is not working.

I tried to select >> System >> User Profile >> Hold Data. But it stores only single values so basically of no use..

It would be of great help if you suggest me the way to resolve it.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Here is the solution for your question, I have verified this by doing on my system as well :-

1) On any screen of SAP transaction, Select the button which says Customize Local Layout

2) Click on Options

3) Then on Local data

4) Select radiobutton which says On.

5) Here in Local cache section, the Maximum Cache Size should be 10 & Maximum Cache file Size should be 1048

Regards

Abhii

0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

My system settings are same as you have mentioned but still it is not working. I think I am missing someother config/setting.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Logout and check it once again.

0 Kudos

Hi KSD, did that but still no result.

Thanks.

Edited by: Nikhil Jathar on Dec 1, 2009 3:07 AM

0 Kudos

Hey

can u let us know the Solution please .. even I got ended up in the same situation

Thanks

0 Kudos

I don't know the solution. sorry.

If you find anything please let me know.

Thanks.

former_member221838
Participant
0 Kudos

Not yet answered

I had the same problem but I got an error message "history is disabled because the front end is running in low-speed connexion mode"

then I had to go in the logon advanced properties where you can tick or not "low speed connexion".

After untincking "low speed connexion and saving those connexion properties, I could log again to APO and everything was fine.

I hope it will help...

0 Kudos

This is the Right Answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

delete the history folder and just simply re create the same folder in the same location.

I simple delete the History folder and re create, it works in my case.

Thanks @Noman Chunara

0 Kudos

good job.

thank you