Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump in READ_REPORT_LINE_TOO_LONG

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts ,

while executing a report in ECC 6.0 , i was facing a dump error "READ_REPORT_LINE_TOO_LONG"

exception :CX_SY_READ_SRC_LINE_TOO_LONG

the error comes out to be in line

read report l_prog_tab_local into l_abap_source.

suggest some helpful solution.

thanks & regards

Saurabh Goel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member1245113
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check any line of your source code Exceeding 72 Lines. This will cause dump in ALV programs( It happend to me)

If so restrict them to 72 lines only

Verify your settings by going through the Menu --> Utilities > Settings> ABAP Editor Tab -->Editor Tab again at the Bottom Most There is check box

Cheerz

Ram

8 REPLIES 8

former_member1245113
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check any line of your source code Exceeding 72 Lines. This will cause dump in ALV programs( It happend to me)

If so restrict them to 72 lines only

Verify your settings by going through the Menu --> Utilities > Settings> ABAP Editor Tab -->Editor Tab again at the Bottom Most There is check box

Cheerz

Ram

former_member209217
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the program present in l_prog_tab_local once .Some where the length the code should have exceeded 72 characters.

It should not be greater than 72

Goto SE38 open the program Goto utilities>Settings>Check the check Box Downwards--Comp.LineLngth(72)

Regards,

Lakshman.

Edited by: Lakshman N on Dec 1, 2009 7:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Utilities->Settings->ABAP Editor -> Editor -> Check 'Downwards - Comp. Line Length(72).

0 Kudos

Everyone are editing their answers after yours

0 Kudos

@Vik

Mad Race.

Don't you agree?

P.S: Primarily, the OP's problem has been resolved (I guess).

0 Kudos

Hello Nitwick,

It sure is

But i must also tell you even i was a part of the mad race until a few months back, though mine was not so obvious

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Hi Netwick,

Utilities->Settings->ABAP Editor -> Editor -> Check 'Downwards - Comp. Line Length(72).

Even i am getting the same dump error after check this check box.. is there any other option to resolve this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

here is the syntax to read report..... kindly chk..

DATA prog(30) TYPE c. 
DATA itab TYPE TABLE OF string. 
prog = '...'. 
READ REPORT prog INTO itab. 

Regards,

Deeba