cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while releasing to accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

while i am releasing a billing document to accounting folllowing error is occuring

Incorrect doc.no.: 6000002. Select document number between 0090000000 and 0099999999

Message no. F5151

Diagnosis

The document number you specified, "&v1", is not in the appropriate number range. The number range is dependent on the document type.

The exception to this rule is formed by recurring entry documents, which must use number range 'X1' and sample documents, which must use number range 'X2'.

Possible reasons for this error message are:

You have entered an incorrect document number.

An incorrect document number was transferred to this application during an update from another application (e.g. CO).

System Response

The document cannot be processed any further.

Procedure

Enter a document number that is within the specified number interval.

If this error was caused by an update from another application, check the type of number assignment in that application (external or internal?) as well as the document number transferred.

Example

In the CO settlement profile, a document type with external number assignment was entered, whereas an internal document number was transferred.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Billing document no. range should be in specified limit as it has impact on FI. As it is showing that u need to maintain the following no. range assignment to ur billing document because it is been set FI.

Always consult ur FI Consultant befor u assign no. range to billing document.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Edited by: AJIT K SINGH on Dec 1, 2009 2:38 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

murlidhar_khatri2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have observed this issue being discussed in community in multiple threads and looks like no resolution is updated so far. I have faced same issue recently and this has been resolved by reset number range buffer in transaction SM56. I hope this can be helpful for others in case of similar issue.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also received the same error while doing accounting release. Can u pls help me to do the correct settings?

Pls guide me to do step by step process.

Rgds/Gomathi.A

former_member595952
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also received the same error while doing accounting release but there is no change any where. i also confirm it that it is on DEV (test server) if it is possible for you then please help me to do the correct settings?

thanks

MAK

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My sincere Apologies for this posting !!

Regards,

Sarthak

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all check the SAP note - 321410.

I have one more suggestion in respect to this issue which is coming due to the fact that number range are defined in OBA7 for FI document. If this range is set as external then FI doc shall get the same no as of SD invoice. This messgae "F5151" comes out due to that fact that no of SD invoices are not compatible with no range of FI doc type

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

KIndly check in the OBA7 T -code for the fi dcument type what is the number range assigned.

As per the error you have assigned the number range 9000000 too 9999999 in FI Doc type with External

when ever u save the Billing documnet the system will take the billing document number as as the external number for the Accounting document.

Billing document number range should be same as the Accounting document no range.

If you have any further clarifications let me know

Regards

Damu

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No more boss...thanks for advise

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Edited by: AJIT K SINGH on Dec 3, 2009 1:44 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Message no. F5151

The number range object assigned would have been in VOFA would have been different than the one you have maintained for 0090000000 and 0099999999.

Check this and make necessary changes to this and redo the billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi