Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Component Interface and Outbound Plugs

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

I am having a problem with Web Dynpro Component Interfaces and triggering an outbound plug (from the interface's interface view). Basically I have two Web Dynpro Component interfaces that each have corresponding inbound and outbound plugs. I also have components that implement each of the interfaces. I have a third component that imports the two interfaces and maps the inbound and outbound plugs together for the two interface views.

I am successfully creating the instances of the two components dynamically at run time, but I have a problem whenever I try and trigger an outbound plug from one of the components that implements the interface. Basically, the run-time error message says that the interface view controller does not exist. This does not seem to be a problem with the inbound plugs, but only when trying to fire an outbound plug from one of the implementing components. Is there a way to do this?

I know I could create events on the interface controllers to be triggered when an outbound plug was desired, then subscribe to those events in the third component that incorporates the two interface views and trigger the corresponding inbound plug, but I don't feel like I should have to do that.

Any help is appreciated,

--Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

Quite interesting error, seems that I saw it previously. The problem AFAIR is that you have to invoke any method on component interface controller before plugs navigation.

Could you try to declare a fake methods on both component iterfaces and invoke them right after component creation (and therefore before plugs navigation)?

WBR,

VS

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Many thanks (and points) for putting onto the solution. For the record, a simple invoking of a dummy method did not make it work. I had to create a method on the interface and a new event in the interface. The implementor of the interface triggers the new event in their implementation of the interface when the new method was called. The embedding component makes a call to the new method on the startup plug in the embedded interface view. (Although I didn't test further to see if it had to be done there.)

For those who are interested, this affected not only the outbound plugs but also the ability to receive the interface events in the embedding component.

Thanks ever so much,

--Greg

Answers (0)