cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display Success Message in PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I need to display a success messgae in ODF. but without he message box.

It should be such that, after the success, the user should not click yet see the success message.

I got only MEssageBox. But that gives a pop up.

Please let me know about other methods.

Regards,

Aditya Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using Web Dynpro then you can make use of the MessageArea control and display the messages there.

Alternatively if you want to achieve this in Adobe itself then probably you will need to play with a text field and hide / unhide depending upon your execution.

High level steps would be:-

1. Create a TextField / TextArea element and bind it to the success node in your form. Initially you need to hide it.

2. Upon submission, when the execution is complete then unhide it and show the message displayed the response you receive.

PS: You will need this to be an Interactive Form for this to work.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response.

I have got an offline interactive form. Hence the first option cannot be used.

Regarding second: This does not seem tobe best of ways to do it. There is not any method to show the meessage in ADOBE FORM in adobe reader. similarly to ReportSuccess message in web dynpro java???

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Deshpande

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, I have created a form solution based on web-services and some forms and done the messages to the user like this:

1) I have created a small subform, with the header text, user and pass textbox and a button, this is the only visible part of the form (if you do not need such a login "page", you can just change "login" to "message" field use) if used for login.

2) Change the presence of the "main subform" (with the content of the form) and the "message/ login subform" based on the same behaviour as you would navigate in WD/ PHP or anything else.

3) So when you push a button on your form, you set the message into the hidden "message subform" and make this visible (with the button which will be like "ok" and just hide the message)

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both of you,

Thanks for your help.

I have implmeneted the method using presence control.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya Deshpande