cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I check the OS memory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd check the memory of our system by STAD

I could check the memory who use , how much they possess , which T-code etc..

but i'd like to check the OS memory detailed specific time.

I think STAD doesnt show the list of the momory which used by OS.

for Example) when i do back up by DB13 , it also usees the memory.

but i cant check only by STAD.

where can i check it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With STAD, yes it's possible to get the details of memory usage by user per transaction.

once you are in STAD, key your date range and other possible filter criteria then execute (click on green tick mark)

Consequently, it gives you all details including Memory Used in KB against to the usage you can also check the User consumed the same.

Other good area for further information on the same...

Please use ST06

History->Memory; This option gives you by default date wise but you can expand to check the details of hourly aslo of a particular date. But this won't give user specific data.

But If you are looking for User Specific Memory Consumption then

ST03N->Choose Total under Workload

Choose 'Memory Use Statistics' Under Analysis Views

Then, in the right pane, choose 'User' tab to know the memory consumption by a particular user

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Dec 1, 2009 5:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

thx for ur advice.

but i still dont know what should i do ...

i could chcck the memory usage of yesterday by STAD

and i downloaded the data per an hour.

and i added them up, i found that something was odd figure.

according to the data from st06 "memory" , we used the memory from 22:00 ~ 23:00 the most.

then the date from STAD should show same as ST06

but it was different. I searched what the problem was..

and i found the back up started from 22:00

what i want know is where can i check the log that used by OS?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please use Performance Monitor of OS to track the history of Memory Usage at OS level. (applicable only on Windows)

To start Performance Monitor, select Programs from the Start menu and click Administrative Tools. Click Performance.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is "the Performance Monitor of OS " ?

i cant check it on sap system?

regards

Alvin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvin,

Performance Monitor is available at OS level. You need login to OS to start this Performance Monitor.

But still Performance Monitor does not give you history of memory usages unless it's already configured (using counters) rather it gives you current utilization.

In regards to discrypence in ST06 memory statistics and ST03 statistics, Please ensure to give same filtering critirea for the the places

Regards

Sekhar

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the history of the memory usage using st06n,

The difference in memory between the stad and st06 would give you the approximate usage for system resources.

In your case the backup would take a fair bit of memory and paging too.

The tools provided by SAP gives you overall usage in st06 but to get more details you have to use 3rd party external tools to collect the stats.

The performance monitor is run using the perfmon tool at OS, you have to select appropriate counters to collect the data and then analyze it.

This needs to be setup for periodic intervals to collect data and you need to consider the disk usage and the overhead of running this on your system.

Cheers Sam

Answers (0)