cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors on build for ESS DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a project in NWDS (version 2.0.24) from a DC in the ESS package. The basis team has added the following SCAs to the track: SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, PCUI_GP, SAP_JTECHS, SAP_ESS. Creating the project appears to go well enough with out error and the the used DCs in the Wed Dynpro perspective corrospond to what is mentioned in several other forum posts and the cookbook.

Building the DC leads to numerous errors (about 10,000). The errors include: mapping definition is inconsistent; component usage has no used component; \

WDResourceHandler cannot be resolved; WDAlterEgo cannot be resolved; etc.; etc. There are other errors referencing type Object, which lead one to believe the JDK is not being recognized.

In the General User Output window of the Development Configuration Perspective, the following errors are encountered:

[dcmake] All used DCs are available locally
   [dcmake] ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro. DC not found in DC syncdb
   [dcmake] Build failed with errors.
2nd error

Nov 30, 2009 6:17:46 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) \
[Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: ess/tra/tre: Build failed for sap.com/ess/tra/tre(sap.com_SAP_ESS_1) in \
 variant "default": Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro

Any suggestions on how to have a successful build process? This build is without any customization at the moment; it is unmolested code from SAP.

Thank you,

Zach

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like the Dcs are not being loaded from the CBS and that the DCs included locally by NWDS are also not found at build time. My current objective now is to find the jar from PCUI_GP/(xssutils/xssfpm) to build a Self Services DC. From reading other posts, Iu2019ve determined there are two jar files needed: sap.compcui_gpxssutilsFPMUtils.jar; sap.compcui_gpxssfpmFloorplanManager.jar. Unfortunately, I donu2019t have access to the CBS system to look for these jaru2026nor do I have access to the DTR to attempt to check them out (although sync archives has not worked in the past with this particular track).

I plan to find these jars and modify the .classpath file for my DC project to explicitly declare local DCs. Once built, I will try to deploy in a sandbox. The internals of an example DC built as an ear file gives me hope the Web AS dynamically finds the used DCs at runtime because all references to runtime components were relative and not static paths.

This thread will now be closed.

thulasi_td
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Zach

Have you already checked-in the required SCA's SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, PCUI_GP, SAP_JTECHS?

Regards,

Thulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thulasi,

I personally have not checked in those packages. The basis team has assured me it is done; I checked up on their work by accessing the webpages for the CMS, CBS, etc. (http://hostname:port/devinf). There were several versions of those packages listed in the tabs for deployment, development, et c.

The tabs for individual environments (development, etc) had the packages listed when I used the history button. The status in the final column is u201Cimport finishedu201D (or something similaru2026not at the office right now).

My concern is now such: The system I have been instructed to use as my RunTime environment is not listed as a runtime environment for that particular track. Would this be a problem?

It has also been strongly requested (by my employer) to approach this not using NWDI. All of my research points to this being a difficult and an unmaintainable approach. Is it possible to import a DC from the DTR and then extract the needed libraries/sources from the dependent SCA files/DCu2019s for a local buildu2026resulting in an eclipse project that can be tweaked for a local compilation?

I am certain that building with through NWDI is acceptable if I deliver the generated deployable units for use with SDM. So all help in completing the build in any way is much, much appreciated.

Thank you,

Zach