Did you mean: 

Other value check button disabled on Values of batch char

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other values check button gets disabled after batch char. is

created. We have many batch chars which have been created already and

we need to link them to Master inspection characteristics. We can't

link the qualitative characterisitcs to MIC unless selected set is

assigned to batch char. This requirment is not for quantitative char's.

So those are working fine. But qualitative characteristics are not

working because of this issue. Please let us know what is the

fix/workaround.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mithun

1) please check for authorisation issue first

2) Have you attached this class characteristic to any class. If yes then this is the reason why the other value check is coming. delete the attachment from the class and then update the class characteristic

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The check is executed only in the PAI of the screen. Try the function code of the button and see wonder (Rel 731).

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The qualitative general characteristic has already been used and has values recorded in batches from what you are indicating. You will not be able to change this characteristic unless you delete all the characteristic values from the batches, then delete the characteristic from all classes it is used in. Once added, you'd have to go back to each batch and select the right value for each batch that had a value prior to the change. This is usually not practical in a live system.

You will need to make a new general characteristic from scratch and link it with your MIC's. Then add the new characteristic to the classes. I suggest you change the old general characteristic to 'hidden' in all the classes so users don't use it anymore.

You will need to update any COA profiles using the characteristic and any batch search strategies as well. For COA's, you can include both the old and new characteristic and make them both optional. One or the other should then print. At some point in the future, go back to the COA profiles and delete the old characteristic and make the new one required.

There is no 'easy' fix for this. It is time consuming in a live system. You might be able to set up a couple of LSMW's to help ease the pain depending on how many you have to change.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig/Gajesh,

Thanks for your responses they were very helpful. Full points to you.

Thanks,

Mithun

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mithun

If you want to class characteristic connected to the MIC you have to attached catalog characteristic to class characteristic

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am trying to do exactly what you mentioned. But when I go to assign the Batch characteristic to MIC I get an error saying selected set needs to be assigned to batch char. And when I go to Batch char the "Other value check" button is disabled where we can specify the selected set. This is where I am stuck. Can you check and see if you are seeing the same and if possible suggest a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Mithun