cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can network activity be billed without WBS?

jaan_chogal2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

My client says to bill network activity (create sales order and assign netwrok or network activity to sales order), but they do not have WBS. They just want to bill nework order as a whole or network activity but do not want to create a Project (WBS). Can it be possible in standard SAP functionality. And if possible, how could this be achieved.

I thank all respondents in advance.

Regards,

Jaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only option you have to create a service order,Issue the materials to the service order and bill the service order though DP90.

You cant bill a network as it is meant to book cost only..

Muzamil

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A/c to my opinion Network activity/ Network cannot be billed.

I guess you are using assembly processing . If WBSE is not there in that case you need to bill at level of sales order line item. Check which Account assgined Category you are using D or E.

You need to use milestone billing, To use milestones in billing plans in sales documents, make sure you set the Sales document date indicator in the milestone. Otherwise the milestone is not copied to the billing plan

Let us wait for other opinion on it.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with what Nitin has to say. You cannot bill against a network activity. Moreover you can use milestone billing as Nitin has pointed out.

Regaqrds,

Gokul

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin and Gokul are right

No WBS, no billing from project. Network are for cost only not revenue.

Can use a service order, instead of network

jaan_chogal2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Nitin and my other friends who cared to answer me. At least, one thing is clear to me that Networks can not be billed without WBS. The idea of creating billing plan and then bill the network is still clumsy in my mind but makes sense. Bill after creating serive orders seems to be a viable option but we normaly do not bill by service orders. I don't know how much work it will be to configure Service Order functionality.

Regards,

Bhajan