cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Best practice for Oracle installation on HPux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I am looking for SAP best practices document to install ERP6 on Oracle 10G platform HPUNIX 31. Is there any sap best practices guide?

Also, for Dev system, I am planning to install ABAP and JAVA stacks in one database. What do I need to do in database level?

Last, How am I going to configure the 2 engines to communicate?

Any reference to documents will be appreciated.

Regards

k

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend you to check NW installation guides according to your required scenario:

[http://service.sap.com/installNW70]

and also ERP related guides:

[http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000670917&]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter - Thx for the websites I have alrteady gone trough the installation guides. What I am looking for SAP installation guide for Oracle database. Something more detail than what is in installation guides. For instance, there is a detailed installtion guide for SQL.

Can you please also help me with this question. by looking at the installation guide, I am not sure when and how the Oracle installation response file will be generated and where I can locate the file.

Regards

k

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked also [SAP on Oracle|] page? Please notice also helpful links down to the page.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry but I'm going to be a bit bold here.

All needed information is on the guides.

1) If you are on Windows, you put the SAP-Oracle CD/DVD in, execute the command mentioned on the installation guide type the two things mentioned on the guide and press next next next. Then you install SAP

2) if you are on UNIX, you start SAP installation, then it stops and tell you to install Oracle. The guide tells you to run RUNINSTALLER (in capitals) you type the two things mentioned on the guide and press next next next. Then you continue the SAP installation.

Of course, those are the simplified versions

No response file is generated "ever". The response file comes INSIDE the installation CDs, for that reason is very important to execute the EXACT commands mentioned on the installation guides, in order to use such, already existing, response file.

I do not understand this need of super-hiper detailed step by step guides.

If you get one like that, then it will be obsolete after one month because there are new Oracle parameters, new oracle patches/patch sets or new .... that have to be done

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx guys, sorry if I hit a nurve. I just want to make sure I have covered all the basis.

Every one has been awarded points.

Regards

k

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi - I am looking for SAP best practices document to install ERP6 on Oracle 10G platform HPUNIX 31. Is there any sap best practices guide?

Yes: the installation guide and the notes referred within.

Markus