cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII UDS 4.0 64 bit support

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client is preparing to implement MII and we have a need to utilize the XMII UDS 4.0 in a 64 bit environment. The download available on Service Marketplace specifically states it is for Win32.

Is this connector supported in a 64 bit environment?

Thank you.

Mari Santangelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ryan!

We have installed the UDS on the Netweaver server. It's a test system so Kepware, Netweaver, MII and UDS are all on the same machine. We had some challenges getting the connection to work but finally got a live connection to Kepware. However, when we try to query for a simple tag list, we get nothing. No errors, just an empty data set. We've opened a customer message since I couldn't find anything on SDN or an OSS Note search that came close to this scenario.

I'll keep you all updated on my progress and the issues so we can get them documented for future developers.

Mari Santangelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mari,

Just wondering if you were able to get an answer if UDS 4 works on 64bit Windows OS?

From my testing it seems to strangely hang or error out even though we can start the service successfully. Putting it on a 32bit Win2k3 box it worked perfectly. I couldn't find this app in the PAM so I am guessing its unsupported now and probably not 64bit compatible (even though it installs correctly)

Anyone else know if there is a definitive answer on this?

Regards,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a note. I've installed UDS 4.0 on a Windows 7 32bit machine and it will not create a new UDS instance.

[frmMain.frm:mnuFileAdd_Click] --> (-2147220480): <exceptions><exception defaultMessage= "" 
localMessage="" line="1083" file="LHDSConfiguration.cpp" 
function="CLHDConfiguration::AddRegEntry" messageId="0x0" component="258" level="275"/> 
<exception defaultmessage="Rethrowing exception." localMessage="Rethrowing exception." line=1109 .......

and so forth.

So it lookes like UDS has issues adding some registry values in windows 7.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is resolved.

You have to run the SAP xMII UDS application as "Run as Administrator". This is applicable for all post Vista OS from Microsoft.

Thanks an Regards

Khaleel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alin,

Yes, it really is Mari Santangelo. I've come out of semi-retirement (aka unemployment).

We are in the early stages of our project and need to use the UDS (4.0) to prove it can connect to Kepware before we can continue our planning. I've been told by Basis that Netweaver requires a 64 bit OS. Since MII runs on Netweaver, that is the requirement for the MII server. In addition, we need to use this same test server to connect to Kepware 5 and read data from a PLC before we can move to the next steps.

In subsequent searches, I have found SAP Notes that specifically state that 64 bit OS is not supported for UDS 4.0 but will be for PCo 2.1 (which is not released yet). I was hoping to get a response I could bring to my customer that would allow us to move forward with UDS 4.0 until PCo 2.1 is available.

Have you worked with UDS 4.0 in a 64 bit environment? If so, what lessons can you give me?

Thanks!

Mari Santangelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mari,

If the Netweaver server is 64-bit (where the UDS is going), it should still install and work. Of course, I haven't tried it. But, 64-bit Windows servers have two Program Files directories one for 64-bit apps and one for 32-bit (name "Program Files (x86)").

If you are able, I'd say go ahead and try installing the UDS. It will of course operate in the 32-bit space, not the 64-bit space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't believe it is Mari.

BTW: long time...

Is the target system for the UDS in a 64 bit environment? Are you trying to put it on the MII server instead?