cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Nav Att to Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to add a new Nav attribute to a Planning book, I have already done the following steps:

1. Created and attached the Nav attribute to one of our Char which is already included in the POS as a main characteristic

2. Activated/Reactivated the POS

But when I try to add the same in the planning book (in planning book ediing screen), the newly created Nav att does not appear as Char in the Right hand side menu under Planning area. I can see all other Nav atts here as chars but not the one i just created.

I am I missing some step, Please help

Roopa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

william_getz
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have tried this same process. My testing found that I have to deactivate the POS and then activate. I am on version 5.1. In version 4.0, I was able to reactivate the POS and have the new attribute available.

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to use other characteristics for product and location than 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO, you must specify these characteristics in the master planning object structure.

In general you should use the two SAP characteristics as the basis for the new characteristics.

The main reason for changing these 9A characteristics is to be able to use navigational attributes in Demand Planning without causing problems afterwards in SNP (SNP does not support navigational attributes).* To assign the product / location characteristics in the master planning object structure choose Edit ® Assign prod./loc.. Enter the relevant characteristics in the dialog box that appears

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Roopa,

Are you using the standard 9A*** Characteristics.

Regards

Kumar

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Roopa,

Have you added the navigation attribute to the planning book/data view as well in /sapapo/sdp8b ?

Regards,

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is exactly where I am stuck, It appears in the POP UP menu in POS when we click on the Navigational attribut, but it simply does not show up when i try to add it to my planning book using the transaction /n/sapapo/sdp8b. First time, its happening that after following all the standard procedure, still the nav at is not under the Chars tab in Planning book maintenance screens, so thers no way I can drag and drop to my dataview.

I am I missing something? Please let me know.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roopa

Try activating the characteristic to which you have added the navigational attribute using tcode RSD1.

Hopefully the navig attribute will show up in planning book edit mode when you do this

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarada,

I tried doing that, but still the Nav att and checked the planning book in edit mode. No luck so far.

I am totally clueless as to what is causing this abnormal behaviour.

Thanks for your reply and any other suggestions are welcome

Roopa