Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Posting Between 2 companies in the same system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues:

I have the following scenario:

a) Companies GS01 and GS02 are both in the same system.

b) Company GS01 paids the telephone bill for both companies.

c) Company GS01 charges or bills the proportionale part of the telephone bill to company GS02

d) Company GS02 creates an account to pay and pays to GS01

e) Company GS01 applies the payment and the bill is concluded.

My customer wants to optimize the process. I found the following document in the wikki part of this forum and did the customizing as it is explained:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Inter-CompanyBilling-AutomaticPostingToVendorAccount(SAP-EDI)

I have a lot of questions:

1) How is the procedure?. how does it start?, with a Purchase Order or Sales order?

2) Has anyone done this before?, is it possible to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor

We are using this for some cross-company charges for services. One company is set up as a vendor and another as a sold-to party (in your scenario company GS01 is a vendor and GS02 is a sold-to) with the special customer account type for inter-company billing.

We create a special sales document (VA01), then bill it in VF01 (it's order-related billing). There is a EDI output RD04 assigned to the corresponding billing document. This automatically creates an outbound IDoc and an inbound IDoc, which posts an FI document to Company 1.

There is some configuration required in SPRO and partner profiles need to be maintained in WE21. I think SAP Help and the link above explain it rather well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena,

I have done all the customizing showed in the link above. I did not create an special sales document but I use the standard sales order OR with standar bill F2. I got this message type RD04, but in yellow, i enter thru VF02 and chage the message to execute immediately then the message turns into a red traffic ligth with the following message " EDI: Partner profile not available".

Best Regards!

Edited by: Hugo Coronado on Dec 1, 2009 1:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you create the partner profile for GS02 customer? You are getting an error related to partner profile. Step 6 in the document.

Thanks,

Shaju

alpha_sow
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have this same question but I saw the answer above and I am wondering if there is another way this can be done without having to set up the companies as vendors?

Thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hugo,

Since you have been able to make this happen in your scenario, Is there a word document which you have created to document the complete steps and could you please upload it into the wiki area?

Please do it so that people can use this and appreciate your efforts .

Rgds

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It is possible. I do not remember exactlt, but the requirement was handled through EDI / IDOCs. IDOC would run in a Batch Job and transfer the billing information, similarly through IDOCs the accounting entry also would be posted in another Company Code. We did not automate the Purchase Order / Sales Order.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

What was the procedure, I mean the list of transactions needed to fulfill this scenario?

Best Regards!!