SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Account - Default Values [IS-U]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a standard way to default the payment terms, and possibly other values in the IS-U contract account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Area Menu code for contract account : CAWM

CAWM is the t-code for Business Data Tool Set for CONTRACT ACCOUNT.

SAP menu->Contract Account Control ->Events .

We can use inialisation event to default the values in the CAA1 t-code.

Regards,

Siva

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Area Menu code for contract account : CAWM

CAWM is the t-code for Business Data Tool Set for CONTRACT ACCOUNT.

SAP menu->Contract Account Control ->Events .

We can use inialisation event to default the values in the CAA1 t-code.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thank you for the reply. I choose the initialization event (ISSA) but it takes me to the function module screen and I would like to know how to use that screen to set up the default values for contact account (e.g. payment terms)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mashudu,

Payment terms is set in the contract account (CAA2) for the CA postings.

If you mean defaulting field values, you need to use 'parameter ID'. After setting desired value(s) for a parameter ID in tcode SU3, when you open up the transaction the values will be there as default and it's changeable (e.g Field Contract Account & Currency in FPR1 - parameter IDs for these are KTO & FWS respectively).

Not all fields have Parameter IDs, but you can find out using F1 help and then click 'Technical Setting' icon.

Best of luck,

David

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I just noticed that some fields do not have parameter IDs (payment terms, company code, bill form, etc.) is there a way to default value in such fields.

Thank you in advance for you help.

0 Kudos

Hi Mashudu,

You are right, some fields have no PI (parameter IDs) while also some may have but Applications can override the Parameter ID that appears in the technical. There is no clear-cut on this area really, because not all fields can have PI.

Seems some PI may only be indicated in the coding when the program checks if there's any defined, you can find them out by debugging. Check out table TPARA where you will find all PIs.

It's also possible to have Customer defined parameter IDs (setting the SET/GET parameters); please talk to technical people on this.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Mashudu:

You have several choices for defaulting values depending on the customer requirements:

Parameter Ids can be provided in user defaults area (almost all transactions and screens but dependent on the application programmers desire to use them)

transaction variants can be created and maintained (most but no all transactions can be used with variants)

CAWM - Contract account area menu - this utilizes business data toolset functionality.

For more info - check the website

https://service.sap.com/bdt

FICA event 1017 - utilizes standard FICA event technique. Search other posts for FQEVENTS, i.e.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Event 1017 to define values with which contract account fields are to be preassigned in CA maintenance.

Regards,

Lalitha

0 Kudos

Hi Lalitha,

Thank you for the response. However, may you please provide me with the exact steps to set up the default value using event 1017. Also, I can't seem to find this event (1017). There only one that seems relevant is the initialisation (ISSTA) but this takes me to a screen to define the function module and I am not sure how to proceed. Please advice.