SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I generate IDOC(WPUUMS) from XML file in POSDM or in SAP Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Retail expert,

I have following scenario,

I have Retail Store who send me their daily sales report through Wincor Nixdorf Point of sale. There i am using standard POSLOG2 to SEEBURGER(its a middleware which act as Converter) xml format and then i post that data first in POSDM and then with BAPI i transfer or book that data to SAP Retail.

Above is the one scenario which is working.

This is the Second scenario.......

I have some external Retail store, they dont have Wincor Nixdorf POS, so they send me their Sales Report through SEEBURGER(its a middle Hardware which act as Converter) and SEEBURGER Convert that Sales data to XML format. My question is....

How can i upload or Convert a XML File into IDOC (WPUUMS)in SAP or in POSDM?

any new suggestion are welcome.

Thank you all in advance.

regards,

Niel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. To get the required XML Schema, use transaction code WE60 to go to the IDoc documentation -> enter the IDoc type you want to use (WPUUMS01). Flag control and data record. Then display the XSD by choosing Documentation -> XML Schema from the menue bar. Now you can donwload the XSD for usage in Seeburger.

2. Create your mapping from the POS format into the IDoc XML format in Seeburger.

3. Create an XML File Port in ERP or POS DM using transaction code WE21.

3. To inbound the XML file from Seeburger into POS DM or SAP Retail Seeburger should trigger the function module EDI_DATA_INCOMING. Parameters for this FM are the Pathname to the XML file and the Portname you just created. Based on the port name the FM can derive the port type xml and the data will be handled as XML data.

Regards Carsten

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. To get the required XML Schema, use transaction code WE60 to go to the IDoc documentation -> enter the IDoc type you want to use (WPUUMS01). Flag control and data record. Then display the XSD by choosing Documentation -> XML Schema from the menue bar. Now you can donwload the XSD for usage in Seeburger.

2. Create your mapping from the POS format into the IDoc XML format in Seeburger.

3. Create an XML File Port in ERP or POS DM using transaction code WE21.

3. To inbound the XML file from Seeburger into POS DM or SAP Retail Seeburger should trigger the function module EDI_DATA_INCOMING. Parameters for this FM are the Pathname to the XML file and the Portname you just created. Based on the port name the FM can derive the port type xml and the data will be handled as XML data.

Regards Carsten

0 Kudos

Thanks. Problem Solved.