cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Data Base Server is not creating a new Oracle data file automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All...

I have a distributed Netweaver PI 7.1 installation, with Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 on AIX 6.1

Days ago, we mounted a new sapdata file system (/oracle/PIX/sapdata5) and created a new data file inside him (with brtools):

alter tablespace PSAPSR3 add datafile '/oracle/PIX/sapdata5/sr3_18/sr3.data18' size 4000M autoextend on next 20M maxsize 5000M

Everything was working fine, but, when the data file reach the maximum (5000M), the system is not creating a new data file and I have to create it manually..

Is this behavior OK ?

What did I do wrong?

Do I need to do any other configuration to the automatic creation of data files?

Thanks in advance !!

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this behavior OK ? -> yes

What did I do wrong? -> basically nothing

Do I need to do any other configuration to the automatic creation of data files? -> datafiles cannot be created automatically

You either create more (or larger) files, which will take longer to fill, or you use the autoextend feature. For example create 1gb files with autoextend to 10gb. But then you have to watch the filesystem usage.

And as you have a PI system, check if the message deletion is properly setup. PI databases should not grow much anymore, after the average load is established.

Cheers Michael

Edit: btw, you can still extend the first file you created, can be done in BR*Tools as well