Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery picking based on country of origin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are on 4.7 V of SAP.

Issue: We have a product 400 which we purchase from 2 countries. When a customer places an order, we would like to ship batch received from one country. We do not want to mix the batches from different countries.

We have decided to use country of origin on the batch master, but when the system invokes automatic batch search strategy we would like the system not to match different batches from different country of origin.

Example: Customer orders 100 CS of product 400. We have 50 CS from batch CN-900(China) and 50 CS from batch IN-9560(Inida). We would the batch search strategy to tell the user that there is not enough stock from one country of origin.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

-Naga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion would be to create the country of origin as batch characteristics - and add this characteristics in both batch class and batch search strategy class.

By this way, the user can enter the country of origin values both at batch master level and in batch search strategy level. This will filter the other country batches not to be mixed with the selection criteria country of origin.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

Thank you for the response. I have tried that option, since we have batch split check box on, search is getting other batch available even though its from different country. I have SORT criteria by country of origin and shelf life date. Same in the case of batch class and including this batch class in search strategy.

Please let me know if i am not doing this right.

Thanks,

-Naga