Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 security - profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I delete a role is the associated profile aslo deleted?

If I've a manually created profile how to delete it.

When I try to delete using SU02 it asks me to use PFCG.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

> If I delete a role is the associated profile aslo deleted?

Yes

> If I've a manually created profile how to delete it.

> When I try to delete using SU02 it asks me to use PFCG.

If you created it via SU02 then you can delete it via SU02. Go into the work area for the profile and click delete.

If it forces you to use PFCG then you must have created the profile via a role in PFCG

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

> If I delete a role is the associated profile aslo deleted?

Yes

> If I've a manually created profile how to delete it.

> When I try to delete using SU02 it asks me to use PFCG.

If you created it via SU02 then you can delete it via SU02. Go into the work area for the profile and click delete.

If it forces you to use PFCG then you must have created the profile via a role in PFCG

0 Kudos

Thanks. When I compare the profile values using SUIM and the corresponding role values using PFCG, they do not match.

What could be the reason?

0 Kudos

sorry for the confusion. I was actually not checking the corresponding role. The values are matching.

0 Kudos

>

> sorry for the confusion. I was actually not checking the corresponding role. The values are matching.

Oh darn... I missed my que

If you try to specify naming conventions for generated profiles and authorizations and then re-use them... you will be confronted by this.

Concentrate on the SID's of the source systems, which should typically be unique enough... (everything else is "work for donkeys"...)

Cheers,

Julius