cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help deactivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem, I have a lot of fields in my WD that have a Search help, in change mode they work and let me choose what value putting in the field correctly. The problem is that they work also in display mode, when a field is "read only" I can't put a value manually but using match-code I can, so I would like to deactivate the search help in display mode but I didn't find any way to do this... any suggest for me?

Thanks GN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the input field is dsiabled/readonly when you clikc on f4 help are the values still shown...

Is thie input field not under any transaparent container or group..

If it is under any of tehse then try to disable the containers so that the SH is deactiavted ..Please test it out.

Please try this out..

when you display data in read only mode then

get the context node info if_wd_context_node_info...and use get_attribute method and deactiave the valuehelp..

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

how can I deactivate the valuehelp through get_attribute method? I retrieved Attribute info through this method but I didn't find another method for Setting my changes...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use this code to dynamically assign search help and to deactivate search helps.

data lo_nd_info type if_wd_context_node_info.
lo_nd_info = lo_nd->get_node_info( ).
CALL METHOD lo_nd_info->set_attribute_value_help
EXPORTING
name = 'ATTR1' " Your attribute Name
value_help_mode = '121' " Valid value help mode
value_help = 'Z187442'. " Search help name

The various possible values that you can pass to value_help_mode are as shown below.

deactivated 101

automatic 111

ddic 121

ovs 131

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

your idea looks good but in interface if_wd_context_node_info there is no method set_attribute_value_help... may be you mean another interface or another class?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i didnot mean any other method/interface.

Check out this IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO. I have the method in this interface only.

May be it comes with later packgess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our highest support package is SAPKB70009, is it the same for you?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Basis Support Package is VERY old. You will be missing quite a lot of Web Dynpro ABAP functionality. In fact in the latest support packages you won't even have to code anything to disable the Search Help in Display Mode. The runtime was changed so that inputFields won't display the button or allow the Search Help to fire if the UI element is read-only or disabled.