cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarity in the Type of the Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was not cleared by choosing the type of the Project - I mean by selecting Implementation or Upgrade or Support or Template Projects . where we could see the difference in Technically and Functionally. I have seen the Tabs for Implementation - Upgrade - Template there is no difference.

If everything is appearing the same - then what is the mean of choose the type of the Project , where does this really get affect or impacts.

Please make me clear Guys

Thanks in Advance.

Amrita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you need to read this

The project types delivered with the SAP Solution Manager allow you to differentiate between different types of projects. You can use the SAP Solution Manager to create the following projects:

Implementation Project*

Project to implement business processes in an SAP landscape.

Create a project structure from the business processes. You can either create a new project structure, or base it on one of the following:

One or more user or partner templates

An existing project

Scenarios and configuration structures delivered by SAP

An existing production solution landscape

Template Project

A project to create a template.

A template makes your project structure, or parts of it, with its assigned objects (documentation, test cases, IMG activities), available to other projects.

You can lock templates, completely or partially, against changes when they are used in other projects. To use templates in other systems, transport them.

Template projects are especially suited to SAP partner solutions or global rollout.

Upgrade Project

A project to upgrade existing systems.

In an upgrade project you can:

○ Upgrade customizing: Upgrade existing functions

○ and/or

○ Delta customizing: Copy additional functions

Optimization project

A project to optimize the flow of business processes, or the use of a software solution.

You can use optimization projects, for example, in SAP Services.

Safeguarding project

A project to resolve a critical situation in the implementation or use of an SAP solution.

Safeguarding projects show the reasons for a critical situation and coordinate the steps required to resolve the problems.

Maintenance project

A project to maintain a solution

○ in Change Request Management. The project contains all maintenance activities and urg corrections of a solution.

○ in Check-In/Check-Out Business Processes from the Solution Directory

Please visit

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/9a/90b441b60e3331e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

and search forum

In addition you can contact a solman consultant who can tel you or show on system in detail the difference among this as mentioned above.

Hope it clarifies ur doubt

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A template makes your project structure, or parts of it, with its assigned objects (documentation, test cases, IMG activities), available to other projects. A template can be used in any number of Implementation Projects.

You can lock templates, completely or partially, against changes when they are used in other projects. To use templates in other systems, transport them.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/ba/38c93a37c59122e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

thnx,

Waseem.