cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to communicate one application to other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed two webdynpro (java) application. In first application i given some input and want to see input provided in first application also in second application

How it can make possible?

Can someone sere his idea for the same?

Thaknks...

Kundan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

Try this.

Regards

Avik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friend,

This is a good Documentation About Inter application Navigation You can Try it if it suits you. But still i think the the approach suggested by Tushar is Better and suits your case.

[Inter-Application-Navigation in Web Dynpro|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/library/user-interface-technology/wd%20java/wdjava%20archive/inter-application-navigation%20in%20web%20dynpro.pdf]

Regards

Jeetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

You can pass parameters from one iView to another iView using the PortalNavigation API.

Use the following code in the source iView when you want to navigate to target application.

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(

"ROLES://portal_content/XXX/XXX1/XRoles/XRole/com.sap.Role",

WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,

(String) null,

(String) null,

WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,

(String) para,

(int) count,

(String) null

);

where "ROLES://portal_content/XXX/XXX1/XRoles/XRole/com.sap.Role" would be the PCD location of the target iView just replacing the pcd: with ROLES://

and para and count are the variables to be passed.

In the wdDoInit() of the Target Application use,

String parameter1 = WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("para");

int parameter2 = WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("count");

Hence, your navigation between application(iViews) is done along with the parameter passing.

Regards,

Tushar Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your useful input.

Thanks..

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

can you elaborate it more ..? means you want to make two application communicate through portal or indivisual if portal then Tushar has provided a very good start up reference but if you want it individually then there is a different approach to follow.

Regards

Jeetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeetendra,

I want to communicate two portal application.

Thanks,

Kundan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

The above code that I have given for portal navigation will work for navigating between any two iViews created on portal by just passing the PCD path in PortalNavigation method to the target application.

If you want to generate and portal event from one application/iView to another in the same page then have both the Iviews in the same page and then use EPCF to trigger event to target application along with parameter passing if you wish.

Try this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d35bb690-0201-0010-988a-d669c8530518

Regards,

Tushar Sinha