cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Version and output control - EC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need a help/suggession in below issue.

System: SRM 4.0, SP14. Ext Classic scenario

Issue: When closing the open POs in the system i.e checking flag "Confirmation not expected" and "invoice not expected" system creating a change version and the new output is being sent to vendor.

Requirement: These changes are essentailly to close the open PO logically and it should not be creating a new version and sent to vendor. but the change history to be recorded for business analysis.

For the above requirement, I was thinking to use the BADI BBP_VERSION_CONTROL to control the version creation by passing the above two fields as parameters.. i.e for these two fields if at all any change then version should not be created and sent to vendor

When I try to de bug the standard PO change process, system had never called the above said BADI in change process. System only calling the above badi only in creation process. Which sounds odd for me because the purpose of version control is to track the changes but the controlling BADI never gets called while change process.

Can anybody help me or suggest me any other way of controling the output and version?

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You referred the right BADI BBP_VERSION_CONTROL to control / over write standard version control settings.

I believe the BADI documentation shows clearly that - this BADI is called every time the document is saved.

When you look at Method documentation, it clearly says that you can use BBP_PO_GETDETAIL function module to get the latest details of P.O change version using change version GUID.

In that you can check for details whether the 'No further confirmations expected' and 'No further Invocies expected' check boxes were checked or not so that the version creation can be restricted.

If the BADI implementation is active then definitely system will stop when an external debugger is set up.

Please check this with the help of your ABAP guy and let us know in case of any further clarifications.

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja

Thank you for reply

The reason I put this thread is the BADI version_control is not getting called in the change version. It is only being called in Active version. I had cheked with a ABAPer but still its the same. So can u pls help me further...otherwise i need to change the badi to call in the change version as well and then have the parameters passed to control the output.

Thanks

Kiran

Answers (0)