cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection points during despatch - Result recording not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am using insp type 10 for a material to generate an inspection lot at the time of delivery creation.

The inspection is to be carried twice. Hence I need to use inspection points.

When I use insp point in insp header, lot gets created but I can not do result recording. System throws error saying "Characteristic results cannot be recorded for inspection lot 100000000005".

The status of the lot is also CRTD and not REL.

If I remove the insp point from the header of Insp plan, it works perfectly fine.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing the exact requirement with my client as Avinash has posted in the beginning of this thread and i have checked all the said configuration above. We would appreciate if someone can help us out.

Thanks and regards,

Sathish krishnan.N

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As stated, SAP does not support inpsection point processing with insepction types 10,11, 12.

Doesn't work, can't make it work. No user exits, no config to change this.

Would require basic changes to SAP code.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish /Avinash,

why don't you use 2 operations

and inspect it twice

let me know if it works out.... or not

thanks

Sami

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Avinash

As far as I know partial inspection using inspection point cannot be used for inspection type 10.

You can batch split up and then record for each partial lot

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to above:

When I go to QA02, and try to calculate sample size (which is not getting calculated automatically), system gives error - Sample processing during inspections for delivery is not allowed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which Inspection point.

I presume that you are using the "free defined Inspection point"

In this case use the sampling porcedure against each MIC/Char which has free define indicator.

Otherwise:system will not calculate the sample size & status will remain CRTD.

Now in you case go to QA02===>click the sample tab & check what error occures.

Please check & revert back

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I am using freely defined inspection points.

All MICs have sample procedures which have freely defined insp points tick.

As u said, when I go to QA02 and click the sample tab, following error occurs - Sample processing during inspections for delivery is not allowed.

The help for the error is - In the inspection plan, sample management is activated via an inspection point. However the system does not support sample management for inspections of a delivery.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check usage of the task list Also make sure that sampling procedure is with "free defined inspection point"

And if you are getting messge of "sample mgt not supported for Delivery inspection" then I need to check it through system

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using task list usage 06.

Sampling procedure has defined with free inspection points. This is not an issue.

Is there anything else do I need to chack/

Regards,

Avinash