cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer proxy - multiple lines, 1 message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm integrating an SAP BW 3.5 and an SAP PI 7.11 system together using ABAP proxies.

On the BW side, I've a table with mutiple records which should be moved to only 1 message on SAP PI.

So, On SAP PI, I've a structure with specific segments with occurence 0...10.

What is that best way to do this? Which kind of mapping should I use?

Thanks a lot

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Your scenario is incomplete.

YOu are sending data from a BW system to SAP PI, which is an integration system.

YOu have to send it from SAP PI to some other system to make the scenario complete.

SAP PI is not a business system.

If you are just trying to do a demo kind of a scenario, then you can use some z table in the abap stack of XI system.

On your SAp BW side, you have to build ABAP logic to move multipple records of information in to a single internal table and pass it to the proxy class->method.

In your SAP PI system, you have to define the structure of the outbound interface as which is capable of holding multiple records.

To tell you how the mapping should be, you need to have a target system and a target structure.

Based on the target interface structure, your mapping will be defined.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We will have an EDI message to the VAN as target message/system...

So multiple records in a BW table = 1 EDI message on the VAN.

So my target structure in my message mapping is an EDI structure where some segments have occurence 0....10

What about my source structure? Should it be the same as my table structure in BW or should be enhance the source structure?

Kind regards

Dimitri