cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to accept attachment from Webservice system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

As per our business requirement, through XI , we will send XML with document name to Web service system. Based on document number, webservice system will send corresponding document back to XI. And then the same doc needs to be sent to our client. Can any one suggest me how can XI accept attachment as response from webservice system?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure it will fulfill your needs, but this helpful blog explains how to handle attachments in mmappings :

/people/yugapreetha.t/blog/2009/08/24/read-the-attachments-of-the-input-xi-message-in-the-message-mapping

You can also use the PayloadSwapBean to switch attachment as payload in one of your adapter

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Thanks for your response...

Your solution may not be so useful to meet my business requirement. However I can see what your saying.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

you're welcome (though it did not really helped you) ... Could you give us additional details about what's wrong (or not solved) in your scenario? It is that only about getting attachment from a SOAP sync response ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All my concern here is to receive the attachment doc from webservice system and how to forward the same attachment through mail adapter. is there a way to persists this attachment. like payload, can we store attachment in container and used in next step of BPM?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know how your BPM has been designed nor if there is a "limitation" with attachments withing BPM container/step, but this should be feasible ... Normally, attachments are "embedded" within the XI msg carrying the payload, so it should leave the send step as is, and maybe using the PayloadSwapBean b/w BPM's send and target could make it ?

The last step of your BPM would be sending that attachment to another target with mail adapter ?

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris

will try this way. Incase issue remains, will open this message again.

Once again thanks for detailed explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome ! Feel free to tell us how you did succeed, so we call all learn from your experience (I'm personally interested in knowing ) ...

Good luck

Chris