cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Exception in java mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i'm using xerces api inorder to validate the outbound xml with its corresponding xsd using java mapping . when mapping is executed , i get "Generic Exception". it does'nt leave any trace other than the word "Generic Exception". i use same jdk version used by XI.kindly help me regarding this issue.

Thanks and Regards

kausik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello kausik,

i have the same problem in java mapping by validating incoming xml files.

could you solve the problem?

[Removed by the moderator.]

thanks a lot

ciao alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you test your Java mapping, are you trying it in XI directly or NWDS? NWDS would help you a lot to debug your code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amol,

java mapping runs without exceptions in NWDS (xerces.jar is added as external jar). when it is executed in XI it throws "Generic Exception"(i had imported xerces.jar as imported archives). xerces package is imported as itis not found in jdk 1.4.1_06

Thanks and Regards

kausik

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you just look in SXMB_MONI and give more details on the exception being raised.?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

it does'nt give any error in sxmb_moni.inbound xml is not generated.when java mapping(class file) is tested in interface mapping , it throws Generic Exception leaving no trace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try setting the level of logging in the Test tab to ALL. this will help you how the mapping gets executed TAG by TAG and you will be in a position to figure of if the problem was with your Data or if the incoming XML was at all parsed or not.

-- amol