cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Product Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wonder how could we handle master data which are changed frequently (from the data source), especially for the InfoObject with hierarchy?

Currently, I extracted product hierarchy from SAP-CRM. But users tend to change material in the product hierarchy from one node to another node more often. I'm not sure whether there is any solution to handle this kind of change in SAP-BW and queries?

I wonder if I don't set the hierarchy in the infoObject as time-dependent, is there any solution? I don't think using full update every time could not solve this problem.

Any suggestion would be sincerely appreciated.

-WJ-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_lehmann4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo WJ,

perhaps this help page is helpful?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a6702e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards

Martin Lehmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Martin,

I still have concerns during loading data.

I don't know if the Date From and Date To shoud be specified every period?

If I use the same range, data will be overwritten, right?

Is there any way to know which node has been deleted?

From the user requirements, the master product hierarchy will be extract weekly.

martin_lehmann4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo Wachira

look at table RSHIEDIR, there BW stores all information about the loaded hierarchy nodes. If you load a hierarchy with a different HIENM or a different HIER_VERS, BW will create in this table a new row with primary key hierarchie ID HIEID and object version OBJVERS (activated, modified, new or content). It doesn't matter which time intervall the hierarchie has, it can be changed whithout creating a new row in RSHIEDIR. But BW will change the relationship between the different nodes whithin a hierarchie (father - son) and also the attributes of the different nodes.

Concerning your questions:

> I don't know if the Date From and Date To shoud be

> specified every period?

Yes, for time dependent hierarchies.

> If I use the same range, data will be overwritten,

> right?

Yes, but if the hierarchie name stays the same, the nodes will be overwritten also if the range varies.

> Is there any way to know which node has been

> deleted?

I think, you have to look at table RSHIEDIR. But I suppose, the nodes won't be deleted but their relationship to other nodes may change - possibly they will be unassignd. How to access table RSHIEDIR, see these threads:

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-r3-bw/677475

and this blog

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3113. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Hope this helps and thank you for the points!

Message was edited by: Martin Lehmann

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed without solution!