cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Netweaver On oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,<br><br>

How can i install netweaver ABAP STACK (downloadable on the sap web site) on oracle express intead of Maxdb?<br>

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You select oracle as database in sapinst, and download the oracle rdbms and patchset dvd. Different to maxdb, sapinst won't install the database software automatically, but stops during install. At this point you have to install oracle with the runinstaller.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer<br>

<br>is that procedure available when i use trial version of netweaver?

<br>if yes, please post any usefull links of any helpfull procedures online,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not fully sure, but i don't think the trial version is available with oracle at all. As far as i know the trial only comes with maxdb.

Best regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes exactelly,

<br>but how about to install it with oracle express, is it possible, is there any one tried to setup oracle instead of maxdb before?

<br>I have to setup netweaver on oracle because i need to test something on oracle not maxdb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that it is possible to install a free trial ABAP system with Oracle because you would need an Oracle license.

Maxdb is free software, so it was choosen by SAP for the trial downloads.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

...and especially not with the Express version

However if you have some sort of contract with SAP already, then it should be possible to get the downloads of an official Netweaver installation. For test installations, there are usually no license fees. If possible get in touch with your SAP account person.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, <br>

i can't use the contract of the cleint to make personnal tests.<br>

if i understand well, there is no way to install netweaver trial with oracle, neather express nor other oracle db edition.<br>

i'm obliged to use it with maxdb.<br>

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah... thats pretty much it

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all of you.

Answers (0)