cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing SAP Object Selector with Radio Button in ALV table in WD ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a view in Webdynpro ABAP which displays data in an ALV table view (using SALV_WD_TABLE component).

By default we have the SAP Object Selector for selecting a particular row of the table. This has to be replaced with radio buttons.

I mean instead of using the SAP Object Selector, I need radio buttons at the start of each row.

What I have thought of is to make the SAP Object Selector Invisible and create another attribute for the radio button in the node which contains ALV output data.

Can you please let me know how to remove the SAP Object Selector from ALV output table and also how to include a column with radio button in the ALV output table.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For that ALV try to set the selection mode as None if_salv_wd_table_settings of cl_salv_wd_config_table....

After this, Get the column references for that ALV using the GET_COLUMNS of if_ssalv_wd_column_setings..

For the first column try to create a reference object for radiobutton(check the availability using CL_SALV_WD_UIE*)

if the radiobutton option is not available try to use the check box if requried.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks for the suggestion. It is indeed helpful. I will try out that solution and let you know.

I also need one more help.

The column headers in the ALV output table come from the Context node attribute names mapped to the ALV node.

How do we manually change the column headers in the output without changing the context attribute names.. ??

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The columns names of the ALV will come from the Dataelement attached to that attribute..

Once you get the column references then cl_salv_wd_column using the get_header will retun you column header

tyope cl_salv_column_header.

Check out this link on the same -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lekha,

I will try out both the solutions and then close the post.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

I am working with HRASR00_PROCESS_EXECUTE WD component of MSS application. In order to generate the data, this in turn calls another component called DATAOBJECTPROVIDER. I need to make the table selection as none and replace the SAP Object Selector with the radio button.

Do you know under which method in DATAOBJECTPROVIDER do we need make the changes. I tried to search all the methods but couldnt understand a suitable one.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DATAOBJECTPROVIDER is this a standard component...If yes, is ALV or TABLE UI element.....

if standard then you need to check for enhancements right..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Yes.. DataObjectProvider is a standard component. It is using an ALV to display the result.

In that ALV output I need to replace the SAP object selector for rows with radio buttons. I understand I need to implement the coding through an enhancement. Just wondered whether you are aware of where (I mean the method) where the changes need to be done.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check for teh ALV instantiation part of code, there you can check for teh selection mode being set or not...Also check teh column settigns for this ALV just run through the hhwole compoenent and find outt he methods so that you can have your own code...

Regards,

Lekha.