cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display many fields of a lookup table in the main table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In MDM, I have a "Suppliers" table which is a lookup table. This table has 4 fields :

- Supplier Name (Display Field)

- Supplier Code

- Email

- Phone number

In the main table, a field "Supplier" uses the "Suppliers" lookup table. This fields displays the "Supplier Name" of the "Suppliers" lookup table.

Now I also want to display the "Email" and the "Phone Number" of the supplier. If I set these fields as Display Fields in the "Suppliers" lookup table, they appear concatenated in the main table, which I don't want.

The only way I found to display those fields is to set 2 new fields in the main table as calculated fields, eg: IF(TRUE, Supplier.Email).

Is there any way to display those fields w/o using calculated fields?

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

you already found the master way. I do not think there is any other way of doing this. Even though this is not so great, as calculated fields do not update at once, whenever a change occurs.

However, if you use the portal for displaying the data, you could create a second item details iview for suppliers that is triggered by eventing. Then you would have all supplier information in single fields.

Is there any specific reason why displaying all concatenated information in one field is not sufficient?

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your help. Actually I am working on the SRM part of MDM, so I do not use portal to display data but the SRM-MDM UI on which I can not manage iViews.

The need is to have, for each Material displayed, the name and the contact data of the Supplier. If I concatenate those data the display is not very clear for the user. Eg:

Supplier data: TOTO, contact_at_toto.com, 1234567890

I would rather have :

Supplier: TOTO

EMail: contact_at_toto.com

Phone Number: 1234567890

As you said, the non automatic update of calculated fields is an issue in my case. So I am currently looking at assignments, which seems to be schedulable via a workflow but I don't know if it's a good mean?

Best regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

so in this case I also think that assignments are the best option.

You just need to trigger a workflow upon change of records that executes all assignments.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Christian.

Answers (0)