cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Query Output table - Column width

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm having trouble defining the size of the columns width of a BI QUERY Output table.

I have suppressed the option "dynamic port" from the output port of the query.

But everytime I launch the iview, I have a number of columns that are not visible. I have to manually decrease the width of the visible columns to be able to see the other columns. It wouldn't be a problem if there was a scrollbar at the bottom of the table, but that's not the case.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you drag table from BI query (Data service) it will ask you for fields which you want to show. Here dont select all fields only select which you want to show. Also in the table layout make the columns as fit width.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your answer, but that's exactly what I'm doing and it doesn't work ...

Regards,

C.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want your column width to be fixed you can set the fit contents to "Actual Size" and Layout method to "Absolute".

but this option will not give the scroll bar at the bottom, inorder to get a scroll bar you can use a nested iview and put your table view in that nested iview. configuration should be as mentioned above.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your answer!

I'm gonna try your solution 😃 And I'll keep you updated.

Regards,

C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm trying to put the output of a query in a nested iview.

But... How do I display the output table of a query in a nested iview? How do I then return results from the table to the main view?

Thanks for your answers 😃

Regards,

C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to display the output in a nested iview include your query in that iview and drag a table view from that, now select the fit content as Actual Size and adjust your table size and column width.

Inorder to return the values from nested iview to main iview you need to use a combination of Signal Out and Datastore and use an event to pass data.

Let me know if you need any clarification on this.

Regards,

Rk.