cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDOCs using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My scecnario is file to IDOC. i have to do a DB lookup and check for a condition in mapping. If the condition is true I have to use IDOC1 if the condition is false i have to use IDOC2 but not both..

Any blogs/threads/ideas regarding the same would be really appreciated

-Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case no need to go for BPm...

you can use multimapping where the targets are two messages (idoc1 and idoc2) after doing a dblookup then based on the value put a condition at the root level of the message .using createIf condition...

i.e create if only when condition gets match...this way you can go for this instead of going for BPM...

search for Multimappings in SDN if need more details about the same...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose Keertika has been trying to do the scenario since a long time....but as it is IDOC on receiver side multimapping cannot be executed....as IDOC does not support multimapping....hence you need to have a BPM

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I've configure this scenario using multi-mapping/enhanced receiver determination. later i came to know that its not supported by IDOC adapter.. and its true..

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes abhishek..

thanks for following....

any blogs that you can refer reg this please..im new to bpm

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you/ your company has access to TBIT material then i will suggest you start with the ones for BPM......or you can even search on SDN to find good articles/ blogs on BPM.....for quick reference on Switch you can use:

May be posting more blogs would mean a warning from Moderators.....hence cannot give already existing references.

You can start designing your BPM and then if you face any particular doubt you can always get it answered on SDN. Looking at your requirement you need not worry much about the BPM as it will be a simpler one.

Best of Luck!

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthika,

>>I've configure this scenario using multi-mapping/enhanced receiver determination. later i came to know that its not supported by IDOC adapter.. and its true..

I am not sure what are you trying!!! coz this scenario works for me... are you in PI7.1? if yes then no need to use enhanced interface determination... just select this interface mapping (1 to n idoc) in interface determination

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

No suraj

Im using PI 7.0 .... not 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthika,

What is the limitation you are facing with the idoc adapter..?

could you please provide more details in this regard..i have never tried this ..but quite interesting to know that there is a limitation with the idoc adapter...also can you post the error you are getting...

Rajesh

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthika,

If you are in PI7.0 then why were you mentioning Enhanced Receiver Determination?? You dont have this option in PI7.0...

Ok try this:

In IR:

1. Create Message mapping : Add the source message type and two target message type (both IDocs modified xSD. Make sure that for both XSD the minoccures is 0 and maxoccures is unbounded)

2. Create Interface mapping : Add the source message interface and target two IDoc interface (this is the one you imported from R3. No need to make any Interface for the XSD which you made in step 1)

ID

1. Create the Interface determination in ID.. I forgot whether you need to choose enhanced option or not.. Try to do it without selecting this option, if your interface mapping is not visible try to do it with the option selected.

2. Create a separate Receiver agreement and receiver communication channel

Regards

Suraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your BPM steps:

Receive(FileAsync) --> Transofrmation(perform DB lookup here...you can keep source and target same i.e. can be filestructure on both sides) --> Switch.

Switch:

You need two condition branches...onw to check for condition = true and other to check if it is false.

Each of the branches will have a transformtion step and a AsyncSend step....

Transformation step will have File_to_IDOC1 or File_to_IDOC2 respectively.

So in all you will have three container variables one for File, one for IDOC1 and one for IDOC2

Regards,

Abhishek.