Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 1115699 CO-OM Tools: SE16N: Adapting to SE16

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another security note poped-up in ST13.

Apart from the implementing the note it requires manual changes .i.e. deleting transaction 'N' and removing 4 menu options from SE16N 'Goto' menu. These menu options were never used by user (super users and some other users in test system) so they won't mind but removing transaction N will definitle raise questions, as they like to enter just N instead of SE16N.

Has anyone implemented this note along with manual changes? Any adverse affect?

Just like to confirm before making changes...

Thanks..

Edited by: Pawan Kesari on Nov 30, 2009 4:25 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction N has been removed anyway, so whether you apply it here as a note or wait for the SP level is not significant for this one (little) transaction code aspect of the security.

I would apply the note to introduce the correct checks to the interface's UI and then just replace N with Z. ..

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> Transaction N has been removed anyway, so whether you apply it here as a note or wait for the SP level is not significant for this one (little) transaction code aspect of the security.

>

Thanks for your reply and this piece of information, now I have better argument to put.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for raising dead (answered) question, but I don't feel like creating a new one for this small request; is there a possibility to get the transaction N back?

Thank you in advance.

- Stefan

0 Kudos

You could create transaction Z? Or Y? (though I faintly remember some minimum length for some objects, so you might need to hack it in as well).

Or register the name space /N/... so you would need enter /n/n/n

Anyway, if you have a user menu from a role with standard s_tcode then the name does not matter....

Cheers,

Julius